Author Topic: R9S may be  kicking back at the shooter  (Read 8154 times)

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Re: R9S may be  kicking back at the shooter
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2005, 09:57:08 PM »
FB - never realized re your incapacity - seems like you have made a great and successful adjustment.  

Kudos to you :)
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline EdMan

• Expert
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2005, 11:08:29 PM »
Firebreather1,
I'm sorry to hear about your accident, but I'm glad to hear about your recovery. When I started shooting with my left hand it felt very awkward. But I kept practicing and was able to keep most of my left handed shots on an 8" plate at 12 to 15 feet. Not great, but I feel I can defend my self shooting with my left hand if necessary.

Ed

Offline FireBreather01

• Expert
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2005, 12:59:12 AM »
Thanks guys for the kind words guys, it was a mess - drunk driver head-on at 65mph. Both my wife and I were in the car and by all rights we shouldn't be here but the angels were working hard that night! (and I'm not speaking figuratively at all - my wife had a near death experience and was with her angel before she 'came back' and two witnesses at the scene were adamant that they saw an angel there as well!) Thankfully we also had rescuers that literally pulled the car apart with their bare hands to get my wife and I out before it was entirely engulfed in flames.

It took me two years to get to the point of being able to work again and although we both will always have a lot of aches and pains it is amazing to me how the human body can be so fragile and yet so resilient.

Our experience is one of the reasons I am so very adamant about keeping our right to bear arms and being personally committed to self-defense. I never again want to be in the position of me or mine suffering at the hands of another. If I have a scintilla of a chance to prevent that, I'll do whatever it takes.
Attitude is Everything
NRA Lifer, Instructor

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2005, 01:19:48 AM »
FB - 65mph - heck man - that's over 80 fps (oops, over 90 fps) - I am too lazy to do the math to compute enrgy/momentum etc but no doubt you guys were recipients of a major miracle.  

Quite amazing.  I am happy for you considering - you were not meant to leave us :)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 01:20:36 AM by R9SCarry »
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.