Author Topic: WTB: R9S for daily carry  (Read 3818 times)

Offline jessmcquaid

WTB: R9S for daily carry
« on: September 26, 2017, 08:51:54 AM »
If anyone has an R9S for sale I am looking to buy one.  I thought I would post here while I look on the auction sites, etc.  I had one years ago and now looking to replace it.  I still have my lefty Milt Sparks elephant pocket holster:)  This will be a carry gun so not really looking for a low serial number or special model although a Robar would be cool since I might have that done to what I buy anyway.  Prefer a complete set with boxes, mags, extra parts, etc. and not shot many rounds.  I am a serious buyer and have funds available now.  Thanks for your consideration.

Offline RohrbaughHO

Re: WTB: R9S for daily carry
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 04:45:55 PM »
Hi, I see your interested in an R9S.  I have a carried often shot little Stealth R9S for sale.  It comes complete with the factory black case, owners/cleaning manuals, 1-mag and 1-spare recoil spring.  I do not have the factory card board box.  It shows some slight signs of pocket carry but is still a very nice gun with years of life left.  I am asking $900 plus $75 overnight shipping via UPS from a private party (Me)-(Must ensure your FFL accepts Private Party Shipments) or $40 FFL Fee plus $25 UPS 2-Day.  Please let me know if you are interested and I can forward you  some pics.   

Thanks
Chris

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 10:24:54 PM »
Welcome to the forum RohrbaughHO.

Offline RohrbaughHO

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 10:46:24 PM »
Thanks Mike.  I've trolled here for quite awhile during previous ownership of three R9S's. But, finally decided to register since I've come to the conclusion that I will always own at least one R9S. I just love the handmade craftsmanship of the R9. Although, in the past I've tried to convince myself that my S&W 342PD was good enough but always regretted selling them and ended up buying another one.  Rohrbaugh for life!

Offline jessmcquaid

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 08:14:42 AM »
Found one thanks all :)

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 01:32:49 PM »
Found one thanks all :)

Just because you found one don't be a stranger.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline Bigjimm

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2017, 03:26:13 PM »
I am selling an R9S.  I am the original owner, bought the pistol in 2008.  Never really carried it much, I'm more of a 1911 guy.  I have original case, sales receipt, extra mag, etc.   

A couple of years ago the original slide went bad...after less than 100 rds....Williams Gunsite in Detroit put on a new slide..and coated it...they didn't have any stealth slides so they took a stainless one and coated it..and put in a new spring.  MY understanding is that Remington (through Williams which seems like a good shop) is honoring the lifetime Rohrbaugh warranty

For all intents and purposes the pistol is brand new..and I'm only looking for a fair price.  I see them all over the place price wise, but it seems like something in the $700-800 range would be fair.

Let me know what you think.  My phone is 440-227-9608   Jim Fredrickon

Offline Buffalo

• Expert
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2017, 08:27:16 PM »
Bigjimm sent you a PM
“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
― The Dalai Lama (May 2001)