Author Topic: Taurus Judge 3" 410 Magnum/ 45 Colt 3" B  (Read 3491 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Taurus Judge 3" 410 Magnum/ 45 Colt 3" B
« on: April 15, 2009, 11:23:05 AM »
Anyone shot one of these?  It's alot of fun!!  You can shoot five 410 magnums in about 2 seconds.  I haven't shot any 45 Colts.  The recoil is not bad.  I shoot this with one hand as I do everything else.  I do have a S & W .500 Magnum that I haven't shot yet.  

Anyone wanting one of these, it is fun!!  One box of shells is gone in a short time.  Believe me!  Gone!!   :o   :o

« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 01:35:26 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
Re: Taurus Judge 3" 410 Magnum/ 45 Colt 3&quo
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 12:51:51 PM »
I like their ad showing a woman in a parking garage.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 01:17:38 PM »
Haven't seen that one!  Ken
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline JHatmaker

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 05:31:32 PM »
I've been wanting one for awhile, and now that the 3" verson came out, I'm really wanting one.

Specifically the lightweight/hammerless version.  It's definitly the ultimate car-jack prevention firearm.

And yes, I've seen the commercial with the girl in the parking garage.  Nice little touch at the end with the watermelon.  Have you shot any watermelons yet?  ;D

If I had some land, I'd definintly bought one by now, so I can go out and shoot random stuff.
Is that a 9mm in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 10:21:43 PM »
Haven't shot any watermelons yet, just emptied it 4 times at a stacked wood pile.   It  will go through a box of shells in a short time.  Fun to shoot!!   :D    :D

Offline Laserlips

• Expert
Re: Taurus Judge 3" 410 Magnum/ 45 Colt 3&
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 01:42:02 PM »
[quote author=JHatmaker definitly the ultimate car-jack prevention firearm.

And yes, I've seen the commercial with the girl in the parking garage.  Nice little touch at the end with the watermelon.  Have you shot any watermelons yet?  ;D
 [/quote]

FWIW:

At the going price of watermelons here I'm not going to be shooting any...  :o

Jesse
"Laus Deo"

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened"

Offline sslater

• Master
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 10:31:52 PM »
I own the Judge's granddad - the Thunder Five.  Not as refined as the Taurus, but it gets the job done.  And it's so heavy the recoil is negligible with .410 000 buck or .45 Colt.  
The manufacturer is out of business.  They made an even more interesting variant.  It was chambered for the .45-70 cartridge.  That one probably kicks pretty hard.
My T-5 is a real watermelon and cantaloupe killer.  That is fun!!  
BTW: The T-5 has a safety lever.  Blocks the hammer from reaching the primer, but will foul up the lockwork when the hammer hits the safety...  I never use it.

Mr. T-5 is my bedroom gun.  Only five shots, but if anything survives five rounds of 000 or .45 Colt, it ain't human.  I'm gonna throw the gun at it and run for my life!

Offline accur8shot

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 07:03:11 AM »
I've been wanting one for awhile, and now that the 3" verson came out, I'm really wanting one.

Specifically the lightweight/hammerless version.  It's definitly the ultimate car-jack prevention firearm.

If I had some land, I'd definintly bought one by now, so I can go out and shoot random stuff.

I am right there with you - I really want the ultra light concealed hammer/bobbed version.  The only thing that's holding me back is that it's only available with a 2.5" chamber, not the 3" chamber.  I wonder if they'll come out with the concealed hammer with a 3" chamber next year...I wouldn't be surprised.
Walther PPS * S&W 642 * CZ75D PCR * Intratec Tec-9 * FN Herstal TPS Shotgun * FN SCAR 16S * S&W M&P15 * LWRC M6A2 * DPMS LR308 * TDI Kriss SBR * Rohrbaugh R9s Stealth * Safari Arms 1911 * Ruger MkIII

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 04:52:50 PM »
I really like the 3" chamber.  I don't carry mine, but could.  I have a leather holster for it from the Shootist.  It's worn on the belt and pulls it right up against you and very comfortable.  

As stated above, it will go through five rounds in 2 seconds without harsh recoil.  That's with 410s.  Still haven't tried it with 45 Colts as I got it for the 410.

Great gun!