Author Topic: US Firearms  (Read 12668 times)

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
US Firearms
« on: July 13, 2009, 10:20:46 AM »
Anybody got any feedback on US Firearms? They are located in Hartford, near the old Colt factory, and are producing upscale guns that rival the way Colts used to be made.

I just called them and was told sales department was in a meeting. I wanted to do groundwork for my FFL who is closed on Mondays.

I am drooling over the 1911 .38 Super model. I have the right to do this because of my stupidity. I once owned a Colt 1911 in .38 Super, excellent condition, (circa 1960), with original box and sold it. Did I make money? Yes. But was I stupid?  How much time have you got?

Any comments, positive or negative, regarding US Firearms would be appreciated.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: US Firearms
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 11:37:40 AM »

http://www.usfirearms.com/pdf/shootingillu072003.pdf

Above is an article from "Shooting Illustrated" regarding their
single action revolver. Everything I have read about them is
positive.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 12:36:22 PM »
I'm a dealer, give me a call.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 03:04:26 PM »
Tom

Where are you? I left a phone message this morning.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 03:10:14 PM »
tracker

Thank you for posting the article. Like most real guys I like the articles but the pictures make me happy too.

I am waiting for Irish Guard to return my phone message. My greatest fear is leadtime for the product. I am convinced of USFA quality although I have never gotten beyond photographs.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 10:55:49 PM »
One of the main features of the article is that they make their
own parts and don't depend on a S.E. Asia metal injection molded
part that may disintegrate after awhile.

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 07:29:06 AM »
Roger that and ten-four. USFA guns are made the way Colts used to be made and I am excited about the prospect of ownership

Update: Irish Guard is on this case. He returned my call yesterday afternoon and I am awaiting word as to details of price and delivery after he speaks with factory.

It is one thing to aim high for a gun of this quality but to have Tom on the receiving end of this transaction is very assuring. I am still concerned about leadtime but right now I am letting Tom do what he has to do.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 09:21:05 AM »
Outstanding!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 05:47:18 PM »
US Firearms is Top Notch!  you will not be disappointed!

Many firearms addicts feel that they are superior to Colt.

At this point in time, I think they may be right, at least with what I have seen with their single acitons - superb!

Reinz
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 06:18:34 PM »
Thank you for the encouragement. I am not a SASS fan and the gun I am interested in is the 1911 .38 Super.

Your point as to quality is all I have ever heard about this firm and Tom assures me that this is so. Waiting on response to my inquiry as to price and delivery.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 08:08:04 PM »
ACP:

There is something very satisfying about the prospect and process of acquiring a superb firearm meeting your specific requirements. Good luck in your project.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2009, 08:50:28 PM »
Thank you Richard. Is it me or do other forum members get sweaty palms when they decide to pursue a quality firearm?

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 09:11:32 PM »
If only the reality were equal to the anticipation.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2009, 09:14:45 PM »
I get a faster heart rate.  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2009, 09:52:59 PM »
Spoke to Tom earlier this evening. There may be a problem with the .38 Super because it is not a big seller and these, after all, are custom guns based upon historical accuracy.

However, Tom and I discussed backup plans. Stay tuned.