Author Topic: Holster Help!!!  (Read 1925 times)

Offline WatchTimes

• Sharpshooter
Holster Help!!!
« on: November 27, 2005, 08:47:36 PM »
K

I know RJ has the nicest front pocket and possibly back pocket holster for the R9

BUT

Now that we are getting into cold weather I need two other types of holsters.

I am a righty

1) I need a Holster (paddle would be best I think, or something that easily clips on and off a belt) that I can easily use when in the car.  I imagine Id want a cross draw for that.  Anyone have any suggestions?  As I said I think a paddle would be best so I can just slip it on when I am getting into the car.

2) I need a nice OWB holster.  Something I can just slip on my nice Wilderness belt this time of year since I am wearing a jacket or long shirt its nice and easy.  I think Id like leather for this.  Anyone have any suggestions?  I do not want a strap to secure it, I wont be doing back flips or jogging with it.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Yeah I am sure this has all already been covered here.

PS I have a R9, not the S if that matters.  BUT I do plan on getting the S soon.  Why?  Just cause they are so cool why not have one of each haha.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 09:32:07 PM by JYogi »
"You won't rise to the occasion - you'll default to your level of training."
Barrett Tillman

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
Re: Holster Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 09:09:44 PM »
This shoulder holster only cost $50.  It would be useful in the car, I believe.

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/YaBB.cgi?board=Accessories;action=display;num=1131723561

Bill

Offline WatchTimes

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 09:23:24 PM »
Thanks Bill but in Michigan for me a shoulder rig for this wouldnt be that great.

See, in MI here we are not allowed to be exposed at all and I have had issues in the past with shoulder rigs.
I find it much easier to just keep the bottom of a jacket zipper or shirt buttoned then close all the way to keep the shoulder rig concealed.  

Also...
I learned from taking classes (mainly Pat Rogers and Randy Cain) that a regular joe like myself is always better carrying in the same place as you want it to be first instinct to grab when in a situation of high stress.
"You won't rise to the occasion - you'll default to your level of training."
Barrett Tillman

Offline rtw

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2005, 09:56:35 PM »
Look at the Rohrbaugh site for a OWB made by Ron Graham, or go to his site directly.

Likewise, Matt Delfatti, or ken Null can make one for you. There are several great holster makers who are members here who can help.
Welcome home

Offline bigyimmy

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2005, 10:39:13 PM »
I bought a nice Kydex holster from www.buybrownholsters.com . David Brown posts on here.  If you look around on the forum you will find pictures of the paddle holster.  He made a spare magazine pouch from Kydex for me also.  Nice stuff.

Offline BlueGrips

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2005, 08:36:14 AM »
IKydex holster from David Brown...

Dave is having family emergencies and delaying his work because of it. I often use his kydex paddle holster for tactical situations requiring extreme quick installment (7/11 trips  ;D ) My wait for his 2nd holster is about to go on it's 3rd month now. Wishing him all the best.

Cheers!

« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 02:16:12 PM by cuteo100 »

Offline sslater

• Master
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2005, 09:06:16 AM »
+1 to cuteo100 on the wait for a Brown holster.  I'm at six weeks and counting.  

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
RJ=