Author Topic: R9 vs R9S  (Read 1607 times)

Offline WatchTimes

• Sharpshooter
R9 vs R9S
« on: December 17, 2006, 10:50:12 PM »
I have the R9
I bought it as no one could get their hands on a Rohrbaugh anywhere near me, you were waiting 6-12 mths for one.
I went to one of my favorite local fun shops and there was a R9, I grabbed it right away!

I have had it about a year, do not shoot it much at all (once a mth 2 mags at the range if that) and just really am starting to wonder why I didnt get the R9S.  Yeah, I know the wait is why I didnt but I am wondering why do some people like the R9 over the R9S?

I am recently starting to consider selling my R9 to get an R9S

I just dont go with the logic some people use that you dont need sights on a gun this small as its not meant to be shot far enough to need sights....

So...
Why do you like the Rp over the R9S
Why shouldnt I swap my R9 towards a R9S?

"You won't rise to the occasion - you'll default to your level of training."
Barrett Tillman

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: R9 vs R9S
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 10:59:55 PM »
To answer your question, I bought he R9S but if I had the
R9 I would keep it. You will take a financial hit and I am not
sure the trade-off is worth it. Of course, if you really can't
live with the R9 that is another matter. Have you analyzed
your acuuracy without sights? It may be acceptable.

Offline rssnjr

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 11:02:37 PM »

i would keep it and buy a R9S.  I have never seen a R9 just R9S's.  Does anyone have a count on how many were made compaired to the other?

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 12:39:33 PM »
I am recently starting to consider selling my R9 to get an R9S

I just dont go with the logic some people use that you dont need sights on a gun this small as its not meant to be shot far enough to need sights....

So...
Why shouldnt I swap my R9 towards a R9S?

JYagoda:

Like Tracker, I have the R9s but, if I had selected the R9, I would keep it -- especially if it had not demonstrated any vices.  For me, it was almost a coin toss as to whether I ordered the R9 or the R9s.  Before my wife requisitioned it as her own, I had gotten used to my "sightless" Seecamp .32 and had developed the practice of sighting down the top of the barrel when firing it.  Whenever one of my shooting buddies would ask why I would have a pistol without sights, I'd just smile and retort, "High speed, low drag."  

Another reason to consider hanging on to your R9 is its rarity.  I don't have a count on the number issued, but I believe that they are a pretty rare breed.

Good luck, whatever you decide to do.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 12:41:55 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline GAPhatty

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 02:05:13 PM »
JYagoda:

I got the R9s because that's the only Stealth I could lay my hands on at the time.  Would have preferred the R9 (I like RichardS's high speed low drag quote), but now that I have the pup, she's not leaving home without me!

Good luck - I'm sure if you decide to sell you'll find some interest right here on this board.

Greg

Offline WatchTimes

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 03:10:32 PM »
OK
Here is what I am gonna do
After I get a S&W 342 PD (SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME FIND ONE FOR A GOOD DEAL!)

I am going to get a Black R9S
"You won't rise to the occasion - you'll default to your level of training."
Barrett Tillman