Author Topic: UBG Becker (&More) Ordered!  (Read 1564 times)

Offline wildabeast

UBG Becker (&More) Ordered!
« on: February 16, 2011, 07:40:23 PM »
I did a search but came up empty.  Anyone here have any experience with a UBG becker?  I like the idea of the offset clip to keep the profile as thin as possible.  A quick google search showed some pretty high marks.

I also ordered the recluse pocket holster to replace the desantis nemesis.

I also ordered the VZ black checkered.

Oh my. :)

Offline wildabeast

Re: UBG Becker (&More) Ordered!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 08:24:55 PM »
I've received the Recluse holster and VZ Checkered Grips.  Both are outstanding upgrades/accessories.  The VZ grips inspire more confidence in handling this beast.  I did notice that after returning home to clean it after 100 rounds or so (no failures of any kind) that I had a screw missing.  I contacted VZ Grips and the immediately sent me 4 new screws.  Great service!  Also, I don't notice any harsh effects (rubbing, scratching, etc.) from carrying IWB 4-5 o'clock.  

As for the Recluse, there is no better pocket holster out there as far as presentation goes.  Even in tight jeans, you see what appear to be a wallet only.  It also makes for an even thinner profile that a Nemesis pocket holster.  Additionally, it is very easy to draw as the rigid leather doesn't allow your pants to "collapse" around the weapon.

All in all, two very excellent purchases.

Next up - the UBG Becker!

Offline RickP

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 02:45:42 PM »
I agree with you on the VZ grips. Haven't gotten into the muggy summer heat yet, but so far no need to re-grip after every shot.

Rick

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 04:29:45 PM »
The VZ grips do offer more control. I give them a thumbs up. :D

I did have to file the right grip a bit. On the bottom twards the rear of the grip, it had a sharp edge that irritated the palm of my hand. I took a fine file and knocked off the edge and it was 100% better.

Thanks VZ for a great product!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 04:29:57 PM by wolverine_450 »