Author Topic: Meco holster  (Read 7135 times)

Offline ap1169

• Sharpshooter
Meco holster
« on: December 10, 2009, 08:07:00 PM »
I just picked up my back pocket holster from Robert today.
The quality and wookmanship is SUPER.
If you want a super nice holster, it's well worth the wait.
Thanks, Robert

Offline crffish

• Sharpshooter
Re: Meco holster
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 08:37:52 PM »
That's good to hear as I am waiting for mine to arrive?  Did you purchase the holster with the thumb push or without?  How easy is it to remove your weapon?  Thank you.

Offline saw1212

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 09:48:55 PM »
I find that a finger push or thumb push is not necessary....I have a Double-Wing Right Front Pocket Holster from Robert Meco. When I insert my right hand into my front pocket to initiate the draw stroke of my pup, I grasp the pup's grip firmly with my middle finger with my thumb in position to grab the opposite side of the grip. I then use my ring finger and little finger to push on the holster extension by opening them away from my palm (pushing down on the holster extension) to iniate the holster break, Then by rapidly pulling up with my middle finger and ring finger, and wrapping my thumb around the opposite side of the grip I continue to draw the pup out of the pants pocket. Then useing my middle,  ring, and little fingers to gain purchase of the grip. Continuing to withdraw the pup from the pocket the wings of the holster will catch on the pocket to allow the pup to emerge from the pocket without the holster....trigger finger is indexed along the slide waiting for target acquisition......Smooth draw stroke is now complete.
Beware the man with a well worn gun....he likely knows how to use it.

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 10:16:01 PM »

I agree with that extraordinary description; the holster will remain in the pocket with that technique while the pup comes out of the cage.

Offline whkrog

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 07:32:55 PM »
Another new person: I just received my Meco pocket holster for my R9s yesterday -- and it's terrific. The 'drawing' description posted here seems exactly right and just as I intuited it naturally. The quality is terrific, and just like the pistol, it's a pleasure to look at, hold and use.

Now I am hoping that it's not a mark of stupidity, that I have a partial box-full of holsters for my SigSauer P226 and P250, most of which are functional, but none of which I really like.
:(

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 07:38:41 PM »
I do agree.  The Meco holster is, indeed, nice.  Glad you like it, for sure.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Nomad

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 10:24:00 PM »
Ok, can someone please tell me the advantage of a lining with these holsters? I'm getting ready to order a couple  of back pocket ones and am puzzled by the options  ???

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 10:44:15 PM »

I don't know what you mean by lining but one of my holsters from Lou Alessi was ordered with smooth leather inside while the Hedley was rough inside. After much carry of the Hedley it smoothed out and both are equally superb.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 11:00:09 PM »
I have a Meco back pocket holster with the lining.  The lining, of course, does cost extra.  As to the advantages, I really don't know if there are any.  Robert, at Meco could explain any if there are.  It may be a preference.  

I got mine from an individual, new, here on the Forum and he had ordered it that way.  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Nomad

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 11:17:33 PM »
Thanks for the insights - I think I'll forego the lining.
Order submitted for the 2 Meco holsters. I wonder which will get here first - the holsters or the robars. ;)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 11:25:00 PM by Nomad »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2010, 12:08:32 AM »
We could take bets!    :)     ;)

Offline FloridaCCW

• Master
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 10:18:04 PM »
My Meco holsters arrived today. Both are black with the smooth lining. Very very nice!!  Thanks Robert!!!  ;D :o

« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 10:21:21 PM by FloridaCCW »

Offline robertmeco

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2010, 12:01:24 AM »
Thank you one and all for all the kind words, glad to of service to you all  Robert
robertmeco

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2010, 07:30:21 AM »
Robert.  These are nice.  Excellent work, for sure.