Author Topic: Introducing myself - Eric C. Rohrbaugh  (Read 32861 times)

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Re: Introducing myself - Eric C. Rohrbaugh
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2015, 02:17:22 PM »
Wow Covert. Glad to hear you were able to get things in check health wise. Good for you Sir. Life is short, so continue to enjoy everything you can!
I thank you for your positive words about our product and our grandchildren also.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2015, 03:22:07 PM »
Eric, my dear friend, I just completed the morning's home-health-care ritual for Joyce and checked the Forum.  What do I see but a new member -- and what a member

Welcome to the Forum that Duane created ten years ago and which has been sustained not only by his dedication and effort but also by the finest pocket pistol yet designed and marketed -- the pistol that has been my EDC for a decade. The debt I feel I owe to you and Karl is profound.

Again, welcome "in from the cold."

Richard
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 03:26:23 PM by Richard S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2015, 03:27:09 PM »
Hello Richard,

Yes, I finally took the plunge and joined the forum. Glad to finally be here. If we were still in business, I would have continued as I have since the early days of the forum, but now, things are different so here I am. I trust all is well at Critter Creek and with Joyce. I will be taking a trip by motorcycle in mid-April this year and hope to stop by and finally meet you both in person. I hope this to be agreeable to you.

OK. . . . Thank you all again for the welcomes. Carry on now.

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2015, 04:51:38 PM »
Eric:

You will be as welcome here at Critter Creek as springtime in the mountains.  8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2015, 05:44:19 PM »
Well, don't you cringe none when I pull up on my old factory BMW Police bike. lol

Offline mbscdh

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2015, 05:48:44 PM »
Eric, glad to have you on here!

Offline wildmanwill

• Master
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2015, 07:48:15 PM »
Welcome Eric! Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself and all. I look forward to having you on here as a representative of the Rohrbaugh family. Again, welcome to our forum family, its nice to see you here.  We sure have a lot to catch up on!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 08:05:40 PM by wildmanwill »

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2015, 08:48:22 AM »
We certainly do Will.  We certainly do . . . . . .

Offline HLGJr

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2015, 02:30:18 PM »
Eric, It is really good to hear you are doing well. I bought two of your new R9s at the 2004 Shot Show.
Herb

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2015, 03:00:27 PM »
Welcome to the forum Herb...stick around!
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2015, 04:03:30 PM »
Eric, It is really good to hear you are doing well. I bought two of your new R9s at the 2004 Shot Show.
Herb

Ah haaa. . . . Thank you Herb. I see you're new around these parts also. lol . . . . . Welcome aboard!    ;)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2015, 04:45:58 PM »
And a welcome from me as well, Herb. 
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline johnny

• Master
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2015, 08:02:44 AM »
    Eric,
  First of all, welcome. I think we needed the boost.
       I have had my R9,(R5201) for 3 years maybe. I bought it new thru a friend who also is one of our county sheriff deputies that in addition has an FFL. I have had Glocks, S&W,Ed Browns, and one Nighthawk. I currently have a Glock 27,Glock 42,Ed Brown Kobra Lightweight,Knighthawk T3,and my R9.
        A few months back I went to call the company to order something, and check on the status of the 45, and of course I couldn't get thru. So obviously I went to this forum which I hadn't been on in some time. I was truly shocked when I realized what had transpired. That's when I decided to purchase the 42.I figured maybe my Rohrbaugh should be thoroughly cleaned and put in its original box, and put away.However,I seem to constantly get it back out and carry it.My 42 is ok and I love my Kobra,but it's still a bit heavy, even thou the frame is aluminum.
           There isn't anything that comes close to the comfort I feel when carrying my R9.I shoot pistol league weekly year around, so I'm pretty familiar with handguns. I don't know what is going to happen in the future with any kind of part and service support, and I suspect you can't say a whole lot,however,you made a fantastic gun, and I take my hat off to you, your brother, and all that were involved in your company.
                                                                                                                                                    John,
                                                                                                                                                        Wisconsin

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2015, 10:21:13 AM »
Thank You John. . . . . I truly appreciate your kind remarks here. As for what the future holds. . . . I have no idea, but I can say if your R9 is in good shooting condition right now, I would clean and oil it, load her up with the defense rounds you like to carry in it and put it in your holster and carry it. Let's face it . . . . Carrying the R9 does not wear out the workings of it, does it!? Not at all! So, all of you folks who cleaned it and put the away in your safes a "Safe Queens". . . . Bring them back out and carry them. I would limit firing it at this time, however, if you put a magazine through it and it functions well. . . . . it is certainly fine and capable to carry it. If it works when you are done servicing it, don't hide it. . . . Carry it! 

Nuff said. . . . ecr

PS:   The photograph attached here is one of the last R9s built at our factory. I was designed and built by our lead tech, Mr. Donato Fucci Jr. for his personal use. It is a brushed pewter look with all polished parts. His R9 came out as a very special firearm. We are glad he made it prior to the sell. He deserved it! The Serial Number was hand picked: R7000. The coating on the frame was a special color, one of about 11 we had experimented with and never used in production. Donato grabbed this frame, unfortunately, the others were all cut in half and destroyed by yours truly. The other treatments included: Blue, Gold, Green, Deep Red, Black and Silver. All were done in different finishes to include: High Gloss (chrome like colors - a very neat look!) and Satin.  Those would have been something very special. . . .Like Karl used to say through the years: "Functional jewelry".
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 10:33:32 AM by ECR »

Offline dddonkey

• Expert
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2015, 10:53:54 AM »
Thats such a cool pic! Thanks for posting.