Author Topic: Bob Cogan Custom  (Read 19907 times)

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
Bob Cogan Custom
« on: November 25, 2011, 06:49:39 PM »
Previous posts on this subject but they are a bit dated so started a new one.  Seriously considering a Cogan job on my Stealth.  Anyone have a Stealth done?  I would like to keep it blacked out.  Considering the porting and milled sites at a minimum, but would like to hear from others as to what their experience with these mods have been.  His shop is only 1.5 hours from me so I’d probably take it to him so I can check out his shop.  How many rounds would you recommend putting through a new Stealth before taking it to him?  I have ~250 through mine now.  Finally, would you choose another customizer (Robar?) over Cogan and why?  Thanks Friends….and I said it all under the 2000 character limit…. ;D

And since I have room, anyone have experience with with one of his custom P3ATs?
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline fastsix6

Re: Bob Cogan Custom
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 04:15:20 PM »
I Have Just Received My R9 Back From The Cogan Shop,Hard Chrome Finish,Matte Rounds And Brushed Slide Plus 40 LPI 'Hand" Checkering Of The Backstrap-Frontstrap And Front Of Trigger Guard,"EXCELLENT" Results !!!

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 06:21:09 PM »
Fastsix6....great info and welcome to the forum...please let us know how the little jewel performs now that the mods are done. Not sure they can do those things to a Stealth and keep it black. 
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 06:22:40 PM »
Fastsix6...any chance of some photos...  We all like pix...   :)
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 07:16:09 PM »
Fastsix6- welcome to the forum. 

Sounds like a aweome gun made awesomer.  I love it!

Maybe one one of my pups can grow up to be like that one day.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 07:17:58 PM »
Toad - I don't see a problem with you having the same checkering done and then having the gun refininished black.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 08:11:16 PM »
I'll give the Cogan shop a call this week and let y'all know what they say. 
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline mr.acosta

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012, 01:48:40 PM »
I would like to see pics as well of the new mods, deff. interested in the checkering of front and rear straps!

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2012, 08:22:03 PM »
Mr A, if i ahve not done so already, allow me to welcome you to the forum.  I left a number of messages at Cogan's shop with a kind lady working the phone, but I neve got a return call.  If I hear anything from them, I'll update.
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline mr.acosta

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2012, 08:53:24 PM »
Thanks for your effort.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 05:53:43 PM »
I would like to see pics as well of the new mods, deff. interested in the checkering of front and rear straps!

First of all, welcome to the Forum!

You asked for a picuture of Bob Cogan's work. He plated this Colt 1991A1 for me in hard bright chrome under subcontract from Clark Custom Guns, who did the "Meltdown." I've posted this photo before on the Forum and do so here only as an example of Cogan's work:

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline mz368

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 09:34:24 PM »
AT - Any more info on your discussions with the Cogan shop?  I have some of the same questions.

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2012, 02:08:02 PM »
AT - Any more info on your discussions with the Cogan shop?  I have some of the same questions.

Chris,

I am excited to see what you have planned...

-Ryan
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2012, 09:12:47 AM »
Mr A, if i ahve not done so already, allow me to welcome you to the forum.  I left a number of messages at Cogan's shop with a kind lady working the phone, but I neve got a return call.  If I hear anything from them, I'll update.

AT

I left a message as well. I heard back from Mr. Cogan later that evening. I asked for some pricing to customize one of my PUPs.
Here was the pricing.
Front & back strap checkering 40LPI - Approx - $250.00
Hard Chrome $180.00 + $35 to disassemble + $10.00 Aluminum charge
4-6 week turn around.

I had Cogan customize 3 Rohrbaughs over the years and he does top quality work. :)

Offline Giraffes

• Expert
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2012, 10:35:29 AM »
I think I've finally decided to send my pup to Bob for checkering and hard chrome in the next month or so and was wondering what the consensus was on the best or most popular LPI count for checkering? I've seen a lot of 20, 25 & 30 LPI on other pistols but I haven't seen too many done in 40. What does everyone prefer and why? I'm looking for something to aid my grip but will not snag or pull clothing.