Author Topic: Poor math teacher!  (Read 1663 times)

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Poor math teacher!
« on: May 19, 2006, 04:22:04 PM »
Member posted this on Combat Carry today - just had to share it!  :D ;D

[size=13]
Math Teacher arrested as he attempted to board flight at JFK

New York, N.Y., May 18, 2006

AP - A public school teacher was arrested today at John F. Kennedy International Airport as he attempted to board a flight while in possession of a ruler, a protractor, a set square, a slide rule and a calculator.

At a morning press conference, Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez said he believes the man is a member of the notorious Al-gebra movement. He did not identify the man, who was arrested and charged by the FBI with carrying weapons of math instruction.

"Al-gebra is a problem for us," Gonzalez said. "They desire solutions by means and extremes, and sometimes go off on tangents in a search of absolute value. They use secret code names like 'x' and 'y' and refer to themselves as 'unknowns', but we have determined they belong to a common denominator of the axis of medieval with coordinates in every country. As the Greek philanderer Isosceles used to say, 'There are 3 sides to every triangle'."

When asked to comment on the arrest, President Bush said, "If God had wanted us to have better weapons of math instruction, He would have given us more fingers and toes." White House aides told reporters they could not recall a more intelligent or profound statement by the president.
[/size]
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
Re: Poor math teacher!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 05:35:44 PM »
Since I was a math instructor for the first 12 years of my career I can relate.
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."