Author Topic: Barrel Pin  (Read 7186 times)

Offline docboss

• Sharpshooter
Barrel Pin
« on: December 30, 2013, 11:26:24 AM »
I had something interesting occur as I was disassembling my R9 for cleaning. My hand slipped off the slide as I was pushing the barrel pin. The pin was "hung up"  half way out as the slide closed. I pulled the slide back again and pushed the pin. Barrel pin came out in two pieces! The factory is closed for the holidays so I guess I'll be carrying a full sized firearm for a couple of weeks until I can order another. Anyone else have this happen?  ???

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: Barrel Pin
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 11:39:29 AM »

I am sorry to hear about your pin failure but I have never heard of this happening before.

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 03:41:50 PM »
I had something interesting occur as I was disassembling my R9 for cleaning. My hand slipped off the slide as I was pushing the barrel pin. The pin was "hung up"  half way out as the slide closed. I pulled the slide back again and pushed the pin. Barrel pin came out in two pieces! The factory is closed for the holidays so I guess I'll be carrying a full sized firearm for a couple of weeks until I can order another. Anyone else have this happen?  ???

Docboss

This is the first time I have heard of this happening. Call Maria on Monday, she will get it straightened out.

Offline docboss

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 07:45:32 PM »
An email and a message left at the 800 number. No response. Curious. Doc  :-X

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 07:51:53 PM »
Not unusual at this time of year; it may take awhile but I feel certain they will respond in a positive fashion. They just do not have a fleet of operators standing by to take your call.

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 09:21:19 PM »
An email and a message left at the 800 number. No response. Curious. Doc  :-X

Rest assured any problem you have will be fixed.   
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

bamboobob

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 01:31:13 PM »

Is your R9 still out of commission?
Was there any other damage to barrel, frame or slide?
Do you still need / want a barrel pin?

bamboobob

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2014, 09:29:27 AM »
Sent PM / heard back from Doc
[/quote]
Maria took care of me. The firearm is in perfect condition. Thanks for the interest. Doc
[/quote]

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 11:01:38 PM »
I doubt the pin broke in half when the slide closed on it, more likely it was already in 2 pieces.

My pin broke in my R9 also...