Author Topic: New R9S Stealth report  (Read 3542 times)

Offline gbelleh

New R9S Stealth report
« on: March 31, 2011, 10:44:10 PM »
I wish i could say it was 100% perfect.

In the first couple magazines I had 2 Gold Dots nose dive into the feed ramp, locking the slide open.

After that it fired a little over 50 more Gold Dots without any problems, and 50 rounds of 115 gr Lawman with no problems.

I'm hoping it was just a magazine related break-in issue.  The mags seemed pretty stiff and kind of rough out of the box, and the top round seemed to want to angle down more than it should, but that seems to be a bit better now.  I plan to put 50 more Gold Dots through it next range session.  If I get no malfunctions, I'll assume it was break-in related.  I hope so, because I really want to be able to trust and carry this little pup.
gbelleh

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: New R9S Stealth report
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 11:16:25 PM »
If it only happened in the first couple of mags and you ran 100 rounds through it, it would seem it worked itself out. I guess the next session will tell.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 02:41:45 PM »
I agree with John. Clean, lube and give it one more range session. :D

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 05:32:08 PM »
gbelleh.  Thanks for the range report; think the problem has worked itself out.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline gbelleh

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 07:59:29 PM »
Good day at the range today.  The new pup fired 40 rounds of Gold Dots with no malfunctions.  It seems to have worked out its issues.  At this point, I'm comfortable carrying it.  :)
gbelleh

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 09:26:10 PM »
Glad the issues didn't reappear.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 12:02:55 PM »
Good day at the range today.  The new pup fired 40 rounds of Gold Dots with no malfunctions.  It seems to have worked out its issues.  At this point, I'm comfortable carrying it.  :)

Glad all is well, gbelleh.  Continue to enjoy!    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 05:42:55 PM »
Ahh your back in business! ;D