Author Topic: Out with the old, in with the new.  (Read 2431 times)

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
Out with the old, in with the new.
« on: September 21, 2014, 09:10:24 AM »
I owned a Seecamp .380 for about a year. Never shot it, read a lot on the Seecamp Forum, and admired the workmanship in it. Finally, I got a chance to shoot a friend's Seecamp .380 at the range.  He wore a piece of medical tape. Not me…what can all the fuss about cuts be about? 5 shots and a lost slice of skin is what its all about! I am not into Sado Masochism, so bye bye Seecamp .380. Sold it. Beautiful gun, but not for me. Shot a friends CW380. Nice gun. Not a .380 fan any longer for concealed carry. My new attitude is that concealed carry is not about style, comfort, cost, or weight. It is about carrying the best made, most effective, most reliable firearm that someday may have to save my life or someone else's. Enter the Rohrbaugh R9. It meets all the criteria that's important to me…all of them. Is it the ultimate carry piece? I don't know nor do I care. For now, it is my good friend.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Re: Out with the old, in with the new.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 09:31:41 AM »
" My new attitude is that concealed carry is not about style, comfort, cost, or weight. It is about carrying the best made, most effective, most reliable firearm that someday may have to save my life or someone else's"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+1   
I fully agree Cargaritaville!  The major determinant otherwise becomes concealability.  The R9 is my EDC with rare appearance of the Seecamp .32 when clothing choice makes that necessary (also is a good backup).  Some cold weather clothing permits me to carry a Kimber Ultra CDP .45, a VERY reassuring weight behind my right hip.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Re: Out with the old, in with the new.
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 08:49:28 PM »
The Seecamp .380 is one painful piece of modern ingenuity. Ouch is all I can think of when I consider squeezing the trigger. I would carry it if I needed to, but to practice at all with it is too painful to consider. Maybe a mag every 6-8 weeks.

The cw380 is much better. And very accurate.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)