Author Topic: Just bought a ED BROWN Kobra Carry Stainless .45  (Read 7548 times)

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
Re: Just bought a ED BROWN Kobra Carry Stainless .45
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2014, 08:03:32 AM »
The Ed Brown Kobra Carry was $2600.00.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2014, 08:39:30 AM »
I carry cocked and locked.  Frightening that the grip safety was non-functional!  The final safety is always the mind of the user.....NEVER EVER put your finger on the trigger until you are ready to fire.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2014, 09:45:48 AM »
I carry cocked and locked.  Frightening that the grip safety was non-functional!  The final safety is always the mind of the user.....NEVER EVER put your finger on the trigger until you are ready to fire.

True enough! Well said.

As for cocked and locked, that's the only way I can imagine carrying it truly. Thanks.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2014, 09:47:33 AM »
The Ed Brown Kobra Carry was $2600.00.

Thanks for the info. Where did you buy from? LGS or online? Or direct? Thanks for the help.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2014, 10:05:48 AM »
I bought it from Shoot Straight at the Ft. Myers, Fl. Gun Show. On the Saturday, after a lot of research, I purchased the Dan Wesson Valor V-Bob .45 in Stainless. Truly a remarkable gun for the money. Then, as I was walking out with my new toy, I noticed an Ed Brown Kobra Carry in Stainless w/rosewood grips. $1000.00 more than the Dan Wesson I just purchased. It was love at first sight. Lust is good! Someone told me that the only problem with buying an Ed Brown is you will want another one. It's probably a lot like dating a red head woman.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2014, 11:55:16 AM »
* * * * It's probably a lot like dating a red head woman.

;D ;D ;D ;D

(I rarely award four.)  8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline MaddogR9

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2014, 07:30:57 PM »
I only carry cocked & locked with my 1911.  Initially I was uncomfortable with the idea as a everyday carry..... but after spending time handling the 1911 unloaded, dry firing practicing to a target, then drawing and firing to targets at the range, I became very confident with the safety setup. In the beginning when I attempted to draw quickly to a timer I discovered my grip wasn't consistent and, every so often, I would fail to disengage the grip safety.... That motivated me to spend a lot more time on my grip, which ultimately improved my pistol returning to target between shots, my overall accuracy., and my confidence with the safety. The thumb safety seems natural and is such a positive action....plus my trigger finger is still my ultimate safety...I just don't put it inside the guard until it's time to shoot.... I Always Remembering the ultimate 1911 gun guy (Jeff Cooper's) Rules.  8)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2014, 01:25:25 AM »
I almost carried the sig ultra nitron today, but I need a few hundred more rounds with it first. Slapped the XDS in the IWD crossbreed instead. I guess I'm used to walking around a few rounds shy.

Maybe this winter. Also hate the idea of wrecking such a beauty of a gun with daily carry when I have dependable polymar pieces. I'll get over it once I decide it's a good one to carry I imagine.

Not a kobra carry, but i like it : )
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 05:05:43 PM by JoshA »

John Stuart Mill