Author Topic: Women  (Read 2642 times)

Offline rtw

• Expert
Women
« on: January 15, 2006, 10:19:15 PM »
Now that we have a tread on Chili, perhaps it's time to provide advice on this subject.

I'm a widower back in the dating world.

Any and all advice on this subject will be appreciated.

Thanks, Dick
Welcome home

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: Women
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 11:14:02 PM »
Dick,
Resurrecting old girlfriends is like looking for old tax returns;
best left in the file cabinet.

Offline Newt

• Master
  • NRA Benefactor Member & Cert. Pistol Instructor
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 09:44:46 AM »
I don't envy you having to hit the dating world. I would rather be hanging targets down range during live fire exercises! Good luck! :-/
No matter how you struggle and strive, you will never get out of this world alive.

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 10:58:33 AM »
Caveat Empor -- this comes from a 25 year old -- but -- get certain things out of the way quickly -- if she's against hunting/guns, etc.  move one -- if she just needs to be introduced, great.  Read a book called Wild at heart (If you're Christian, or Jewish, but could tolerate a well-written book full of references to Christ.)  Don't tolerate a bad woman because she's beautiful/exciting.  

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 04:24:20 PM »
Dick - IMO never too late to seek the partner who can make our lives more fullfilled.

I know I am younger than you but having married my second wife in 2000, which brought me here - I can only say how blessed I am.  The downside is perhaps two step kids, who singly and sometimes collectively are a PITA!!  But I would not change anything even so - added to which my wife shoots a bit and even now this last year or so has her CCW.

I think maybe one thing - don't look too hard, or have oversize expectations - but still be aware of possible partners - hard to make a good balance.  I do tho sincerely wish you luck.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2006, 06:24:25 PM »
Dick:

From bitter experience, I endorse Tracker's advice.  My own  advice would be to take it slowly and easily and remember the old adage, "Marry in haste, repent at leisure."  When you meet the one, you will know it.  I had been "batching it" for five years in 1995, flying high and living wild, when I looked up and, by Heaven, there SHE was, standing right in front of me with an enigmatic smile on her face as if to say, "Where have you been?"  At which point, I promptly stalled, crashed, and burned.   ;)

« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 06:25:24 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2006, 11:42:39 PM »
Dick
You should not be in a rush to find the right woman.  If she is out there for you it will happen.  There are many older (40 and above) woman out there who are looking for a nice guy with financial security, who may not be as they appear.  Use your 6th sense - or gut feeling - it is your guardian angle trying to tell you something.

And as you know NEVER let her hear your compare her to your past wife.   Sometimes this is easy to slip into without realizing it.

Dave
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."