Author Topic: tired of waiting  (Read 18640 times)

Offline rooster

Re: tired of waiting
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2005, 05:40:12 PM »
Thaks guys for all your input.  I have decided that I will get a r9 somehow.  I am going to the gun show in April and I will see what kind of a deal I can work out with the dealer that has 2 in stock.  If that doesn't work I will wait it out.  Newt I really feel for you, that is having one and can't get it.Wow!

Offline Fireboy

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2005, 07:40:38 PM »
I broke down and called the factory early this week.  I'm trying to resist the temptation phone every week as to not hinder them from making pistols!! Anyway, I talked to a very nice lady who reported that they had just received some barrels that they we waiting on and that I should get a call within the next couple of weeks to tell me how many more weeks it would be!!  About to start on the ninth month of waiting......

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2005, 07:50:18 PM »
[size=13] I talked to a very nice lady[/size]

That I reckon would have been ''our'' Maria! :)  That news should hopefully mean your waiting is gonna draw to a close before too long.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2005, 10:52:47 AM »
Fireboy, It is just around the corner now.    Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline justin2992

• Expert
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2005, 02:39:53 PM »
I talked to a very nice lady who reported that they had just received some barrels that they we waiting on

Does this mean they are outsourcing their barrels now?  

Last I've heard:
1. The grips are outsourced, where I don't know
2. Checkmate Industries makes the magazines
3. The frames are sent out for anodizing

The 1938 Nazi Weapons Law is alive and well in the United States, and is called, "The Gun Control act of 1968", and is enforced by the modern day gestapo, known as the BATF.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2005, 02:56:04 PM »
Maybe Maria meant the bar stock for the barrels -- the barrels are cut on machines at the factory.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline kerrynp5

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2005, 04:37:45 PM »
I know its frustrating. I sent all the money in last August. But, this isn't just another gun. I have friends that wait 12 months to have "race guns", when they ship the pistol to start with.
Besides, there is no one I need to shoot right now. If so, I'll use one of my big, bulky pistols.               Kerry

Offline Fireboy

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2005, 04:46:35 PM »
Oh, I feel certain that the R-9s will be worth the wait!  But, since ordering last August I have purchased a Glock 17, sent it to Cylinder & Slide for full house work, then to Robar for NP3 finish and got it back about 3 weeks ago.

I think it is being so close....but not quite there yet!

(BTW, Great board guys. I really enjoy it.)

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2005, 09:55:34 PM »
Zamboni - I think your angst is well understandable.  Dealers who cannot and do not keep their customers happy - well, at least informed - are harming their reputation and so potentially also their business as a whole.

I am no dealer of course but - I think I would try and keep a calendar or journal - with ''expected'' dates for incoming guns - that way a call to customer could be made to keep them up to speed if delays.

All too often it seems, due dates are over optimistic - maybe to ensure getting orders.  That is counter-productive IMO if in the end it seems they were transparently wrong.  Those things called trust, respect, loyalty and integrity are for me, integral parts of a good business - shown/earned in many ways but including keeping customers up to speed and returning calls etc.

I just hope this will resolve, satisfactorily in the end - you with the gun you want and not out of pocket.  I could have sold one of my pups a few times over already I think but - hope to try and keep both a good while yet.
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline rooster

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2005, 10:03:25 PM »
Hey you guys, I know it is hard but these little guns are worth the wait.  I am so glad that I didn't get the Kahr pm9.  I really hope that they start shipping your guns soon.  I was really starting to get antse and thought about giving but I am glad that I waited.  For anyone who is wanting one The place that I got mine has one more, however there is a catch he wants 1125.00.  It was weapons unlimited in Apopka Fl.

Offline justin2992

• Expert
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2005, 11:19:14 PM »
Call Maria and ask who might have one in stock.  I don't know how you guys can stand waiting on a local dealer when you don't have to.  
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 11:20:51 PM by justin2992 »
The 1938 Nazi Weapons Law is alive and well in the United States, and is called, "The Gun Control act of 1968", and is enforced by the modern day gestapo, known as the BATF.

Offline typo623

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2005, 10:16:41 PM »
Hi Guys, well I am glad to see I am not alone.. I placed my order at the beginning of November and was told 5 to 6 months.. I called my dealer two weeks ago and I am still waiting to hear back.. Based on what I read here I think I know why, he had nothing good to tell me.. It appears as though guns are shipping at least, just a jump in orders.  But I will probably not see my pistol till the end of the summer, then like others here I will have to wait for the county to approve adding it to my permit.. :'(

Typo623

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2005, 12:20:21 AM »
Typo - welcome here.  Sorry you are (yet another) frustrated by the long wait - but no real way round it, unless you happen across a dealer with one or two spares.

The wait is tho worthwhile most of us would agree.  Stick around - have a good browse thru old posts etc ... and hope to look forward to (eventually) welcoming you to the owner's club too. :)
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2005, 01:16:26 PM »
Typo, Welcome, you are right you should get your R9 about the end of the summer or a little sooner. Most likely Aug or Sept.   Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline typo623

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2005, 08:09:31 PM »
Thanks for the replies, I am going to hang in, I have plenty to keep me protected in the mean time.. I will admit, if this was my first carry gun I might be getting a little more antsy. Anyway I am looking forward to becoming an owner of one of these little guns, and joining the club after all the positive I have read about it..  Typo623  :)