Author Topic: tired of waiting  (Read 18635 times)

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
Re: tired of waiting
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2005, 06:54:41 PM »
John, As a dealer myself, thats what I was told "heat treat" problem on bbls. This has moved back some shipments. Having said that, guns are going out next week, based on date ordered. First in first out. All of us waiting on guns lets try to settle down and give them a chance to ship in peace, and not raise hell about whats going on. Those of us that have been here awhile know that shipments will happen and the wait is worth it. There is no one to blame. For the new person please read old posts, which will show you that everything will be ok in the long run. Patience is like a badge to a Rohrbaugh customer. Please lets not throw out statements about this unless you know it to be the truth.   Regards, Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2005, 08:15:29 PM »
When I was a younger man, I hated to wait for anything.  Ironically, the older I have become, the more patience I seem to have acquired.  Logic might suggest that it would be the other way around.  My experience, however, is that those things I most value in life are those for which I either worked the hardest or waited the longest.  

I believe I first started to learn patience over the course of three hunting seasons in the Challis Wilderness of Idaho, during which I spent more time and money than I care to recall in pursuit of a certain mule deer buck whose rack now adorns the wall of my den.

Waiting for the R9s was essentially effortless.  The reward for the patience was, and continues to be, well worth the limited time of waiting.

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2005, 10:15:27 PM »
Not to offend any dealers...  I must be wrong on that.

I can't tell you how many people have complained to me that they could not get a promise of an anticipated delivery date.  Eric has told me that he won't do that -- even when the guns are close -- so people aren't disappointed.  

Obviously they either treat dealers differently or maybe Maria is running the show differently than Eric did.

Perhaps delivery dates are "slipping" -- but I am certain that is not for lack of trying on their part.  This is Karl's lifelong dream come true and he has invested his (and others) fortunes in this project -- slow delivery of guns its part of the grand plan.

Sit tight -- the guns are coming.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline TW

• Grand Master
tired of waiting
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2005, 05:29:05 AM »
>>Actually, Duane...  Eric did in fact project delivery of my #1 gun - TWICE...and neither came true...!!...lol.  The third time he would only mention the projected delivery date by SEASON...and by golly he was right on the money...!  I swear the guy is some kind of wizard...!...TW<<

Offline whoisjohngalt

« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2005, 07:39:21 AM »
I can understand the anxiousness on the part of everyone who is waiting to receive one, (or more ;D), of these fine pieces.
To some, it may be a greater inconvenience than just the waiting, which inevitably would increase the anxiety level.

I, for one, prefer to have a product made right the first time, rather than have it made quickly and have to possibly return it later.
There are a lot of companys that might yield to the pressure to lower their standards "just a tad" to get more product shipped.
I'm glad Rohrbaugh Firearms is not one of them. ;)

« Last Edit: May 29, 2005, 08:07:09 AM by whoisjohngalt »

Offline rooster

« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2005, 09:42:38 AM »
You said it perfectly,  I would rather have it right than to have trouble later on.  This is one gun that when you get it just shoot and put in your pocket.  There is absolutely nothing else to do.  There are no whiz bang dohickey's to add on.  The company has got it right.  

Offline typo623

« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2005, 12:13:16 PM »
Wow, this has been a very busy forum over the last couple of days..  :D  

The reality is all of us waiting for our Rohrbaugh's will continue to wait, I think we just needed a place to vent..  :-X

Thanks for listening.. And keep telling us how good it will be once we get our own..

Tom..  :)

Offline typo623

HRe: tired of waiting
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2005, 05:59:18 PM »
Hi all, just wondering if anyone heard anything more on  delivery dates?? I ordered mine late October, beginning of November, not sure when to anticipate delivery anymore.. Last I talked to my dealer he said my gun was on back order, but I could have told him that..

Any news would be appreciated.. Thanks for your help.. and yes I know patience is a virtue.. Tom..  :)

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2005, 06:05:48 PM »
Tom,

My dealer (Performance Firearms) in Michigan placed his order in October 2004.

He talked with Maria recently, and Maria said the shipment could be expected at the end of June, or the first or second week in  July.

Bill