Author Topic: New R9S Stealth  (Read 4648 times)

Offline 45ACP2GO

• Sharpshooter
New R9S Stealth
« on: April 22, 2007, 07:39:21 AM »
I have been looking for a real live R9S to actually hold in my hands and I finally found one with a dealer at Bill Goodman's Show. It was more than I expected so I had to make a trip back to my house for my check book.

Its amazingly the size of my Keltec P3AT except a little thicker and little more heavy. It even fits my Desantis Nemisis Pocket Holster for my P3AT.

I was going to order one several years ago but without actually seeing one and handling one other than seeing it in the magazines it's difficult to invest that kind of money so I bought a new Kahr PM9 which I thought was close in size. Boy was I wrong.

After reading some of the postings on this forum I can't wait to get out to the range. :)
NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT YOUR PUP!
CHECK 360

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: New R9S Stealth
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 10:18:01 AM »
Congratulations and welcome to the Forum! And please let us know how your new Stealth model performs at the range.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 12:44:50 PM »
tbarker5, Welcome, Now that is a good deal. Have fun with your new pup and post a range report. Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline DTM_39

• Master
  • NRA LIFE MEMBER
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 01:41:30 PM »
tbarker5, Welcome and good luck with yur new R-9.  Dan
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Offline Hk-Itch

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 08:16:09 PM »
Congrats tbarker5,  

I came to the R9 by way of the PM9 too.  It was lack of  availability and cost that factored in my decision originally as well.  I have a R9(sightless) now after off loading the Kahr and have never looked back.  The Kahr is a good gun but the Rohrbaugh is an new level all together!  Welcome and enjoy the finest ccw around.

Offline 45ACP2GO

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 09:11:59 PM »
Made it to the range today with some frustrations.

Started out with Remington 124gr JHP Golden Sabers. Run 20 rounds through and out of the 20 I had 1bout 10 misfires which I had to pull the trigger several more times and they would fire. It was going into full battery so that was not the problem. Changed over to Winchester WB 115gr FMJ's and out of almost 100 I probably had about 15 do the same, just a little better. Well I got to about 95 rounds through it and the slide locked up and that was it.
CHECK 360

Offline 45ACP2GO

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 09:20:41 PM »
Continued from above.  Must have hit the post button by accident.

Spoke with Marie at Rohrbaugh and very nice conversation about the problem. It will be on its way back on Tuesday.

I guess I should be upset but I am not. The good reception I had with Marie and all of the good things I have read about the R9's have off set the mishap. Well one other good thing while at the range. Out of the 100+ rounds fired at 15 yards stayed in a 2 inch group and opend up one nice big hole in the target. That's pretty darn good from a small 9 like that.

Can't wait to get it back.
CHECK 360

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 01:10:58 AM »
Welcome to the forum tbarker5, and congratulations on your purchase.
I'm sure the factory will work that snafu out.
Let us know how it goes.

Reinz
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline PsychoSword

• Expert
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2007, 09:19:43 AM »
I've been carrying my Rohrbaugh since i got it a little over a month ago. I suppose I should make a trip down to the range just in case I'm carrying a $1,000 paperweight around in my pocket and didn't know it.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2007, 10:21:11 AM »
yeh, take that pup to the range and let it bark and then give us a range report.    Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline harrydog

• Master
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2007, 07:05:58 PM »
I've been carrying my Rohrbaugh since i got it a little over a month ago. I suppose I should make a trip down to the range just in case I'm carrying a $1,000 paperweight around in my pocket and didn't know it.
You've been carrying it and haven't tested it out first?  :o
No offense intended, but you should always verify that a gun functions properly if you're going to be carrying it for protection.

Offline PsychoSword

• Expert
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2007, 07:31:46 PM »
You've been carrying it and haven't tested it out first?  :o
No offense intended, but you should always verify that a gun functions properly if you're going to be carrying it for protection.

Yea, I know.  8)
Oh well, no biggie, my life's not worth much anyways.  ;D

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2007, 08:42:36 PM »
PS:

Tom and HD are right, of course.  You need to take that R9 to the range and wring it out ASAP.  

In the meantime, though, let me offer this analogy for any comfort it may provide -- I've got airbags in my SUV, but I've yet to test them.   ;)  
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline dfsutton

• Sharpshooter
  • US Veteran
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2007, 11:50:35 PM »
Just as a note,

The Rohrbaugh will break you of any tendencies of "limp-wristing". I found that once I learned how to hold on to the little firecracker, the gun functioned flawlessly. Before I learned how to hold it, I had a few failures to feed/fire.

Just make sure the back strap is firmly seating in the seat of your palm. if its not the gun will want to twist up and right and you'll have a failure.
"All that is thought should not be said, all that is said should not be written, all that is written should not be published, all that is published should not be read."

- Rabbi Menachem Morgenstern

Offline 45ACP2GO

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2007, 04:16:13 PM »
Well I can't wait to get my pup back from the factory. The more I read on the forum the better it sounds. You see a little negative problems but the best thing they seem to all be resolved with a happy owner in the end.

I must admit out of the fail to fire problems none were ftf or fte malfunctions.  The fail to fire problems were in full battery. Unfortunately it was going on vacation with me but it will have to wait for the next time.

Now I like Glocks and have a few of them but look at Glock Talk and you see about as much bad as the good in the postings.

CHECK 360