Author Topic: Pocket clip  (Read 14053 times)

Offline Meggacatz

• Proud Daddy!!!
Pocket clip
« on: May 26, 2004, 10:53:12 PM »
I like the belt/pocket clip like those on the Kel-Tec P32. A quality clip, maybe added in a new right or left side grip panel, would be nice. Or if a design could be made, I return mine for a custom factory mod. I'd prefer a dark color (black, grey, or anodized early grey). I'd expect a better quality than the Kel-Tec part (of course). Just an idea...don't flame me unless you've tried it. It works for me.
Keep watching, I'm bound to do something stupid again.
R9 #11x

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: Pocket clip
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 11:15:14 PM »
I have never used one, but I know that Clip Draw makes a "universal" model -- www.clipdraw.com

Like you, I would rather have one that mounts under the grip like the 1911 style -- but I am not a real belt clip fan myself.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Mr_Jody_Hudson

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 01:44:17 AM »
Hmmmmmmmmm... I'm thinkin' I may go with a clipdraw.  I LIKE that idea of the aircraft adhesive connection and the screw-off clip.  
Delaware Real Estate = http://www.Kate-Jody.com

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2004, 04:07:37 PM »
Belt clips?  Hmmm ...... just cannot seem to get switched on to those at all ..... tho Marcus from THR at the PA shoot had one on his P-11 ... swears by it.

What works I guess - for the individual, as ever. :)
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline Mr_Jody_Hudson

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2004, 04:47:45 PM »
I decided to order two, one for my Rohrbaugh and one for my Glock.

Thanks for the link DD.

Offline Meggacatz

• Proud Daddy!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2004, 09:44:51 PM »
Tape/Glue on clip  ??? // I know that isn't right for me. My Kel-Tec screws on the gun through an existing pin hole with an allen screw. I'm suggesting something similar to the Kel-Tec clip. It may come in the form of a modified replacement grip to ensure reliability.
Keep watching, I'm bound to do something stupid again.
R9 #11x

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2004, 09:59:04 PM »
I'm interested in how Jody likes them after installing them and using them for a while.

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
  • Ivan, Dennis, and Katrina - enough is enough!
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2004, 03:55:08 AM »
I tried the belt clip on both the KT P-40/P-357 and the P-32/P-3AT -- didn't like it on either one as it tended to eat up my hand when firing.

My R9s will ride in my front pocket -- as does my P-3AT now in RJ's holster.
I'm not a gun expert -- but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Offline Mr_Jody_Hudson

• Expert
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2004, 11:13:26 PM »
I ended up ordering severald of them.  I've put one on Glock 19 and used it quite a bit in the woods and such.  So far, it's GREAT.  

I put the glue model on another gun and it seemed TOTALLY tight and useful.  I ordered extra tape/glue pieces.  I put the other gun through everything I could think of and it worked perfectly well.  Then, I tried to take it off, as directed and that worked perfectly too.  

Works for me... A+

Offline EdMan

• Expert
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2005, 12:44:29 AM »
I have clipdraw clips on all of my Glocks (G19, G23, G32, G26 & G27). I also have the Universal Clip Draw on one of my Kahr PM-9s. If you clean the slide correctly, and clamp the mounting plate to the slide, and kept it warm for about 24 hours it stays on, even after firing 124 grain +P rounds. I have about 300 rounds fired with my PM-9 with the Clip Draw attached. It's still holding tight. All of my Clip Draws work very well, BUT you must be VERY aware of the uncovered trigger! If one is not an experienced handgun user, and does not have their finger straight and away from the trigger on EVERY draw, then they should not carry a loaded gun without a holster that covers the trigger. It's like anything else in life. Clips on handguns are not for everyone or for every situation, but they do have their place in the life of a responsible handgun user. P.S. I also have a number of good holsters for all of my pistols, and use them when needed.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2005, 10:31:56 AM »
After reading through this thread, I ordered a Clipdraw #1911.  Here it is mounted on my favorite .45:

After using it for a couple of days, I'm beginning to like it.  The only drawback is that, without a holster to cover the trigger, I won't carry the pistol cocked and locked.  In that regard, it's the same as one of the old "Mexican Loop" rigs.  However, I have found that the pistol can be carried in some of its holsters without having to remove the Clipdraw.  On the Galco Yaqui Slide or Paddle, the clip seems to enhance weapon retention.  
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 05:46:13 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline EdMan

• Expert
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2005, 09:24:22 PM »
I held one of my universal stick on Clip Draws on my R-9. I don't think I'll use it on the R-9, it makes it too wide. I like the universal Clip Draw on my Kahr PM9, but not on my R-9. I feel the R-9 is more of a Smart Carry Holster or pocket carry pistol than a belt clip carry pistol.

Ed

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2005, 09:27:44 PM »
I would be too worried about the unprotected trigger.

Bill

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2005, 01:37:44 AM »
Bill - while I have no wish to use a clip - I do not think the unprotected trigger need be an issue.

Reason - long travel with 7# pull - would I think require an exceptional state of ''Murphy'' to promote a discharge!  Not impossible tho as certainty is never a 100% matter but statistically IMO so remote a chance as not to be worth concern!

Only my very own 2c tho :)
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.