Author Topic: Ten Round Magazine  (Read 15213 times)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Ten Round Magazine
« on: June 14, 2004, 01:42:21 PM »

I have heard that Rohrbaugh is considering one of these eventually -- but I would like to have an "extended" 10 round magazine with a little more grip on it -- like NAA offers.

I wouldnt carry the gun with one, but it would be nice for the glovebox or somewhere else nearby.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
Re: Ten Round Magazine
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2004, 12:43:42 AM »
I would use a 10 rounder more for practice. I like the glove box idea, by the Rohrbaugh was purchased as a deep concealment pocket pistol. I would be more apt to keep my Glock 19 in a glove box.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2004, 12:01:46 PM »
That takes us on an interesting tangent.  I go back and forth about having a "car gun."  My hesitation is a few things -- it could be stolen (which I don't want to happen for any variety of reasons), it makes life more difficult for car washes, valet parking, etc., and I don't like the idea of being stopped by a LEO and coughing up several loaded weapons, a knife, etc.

Lately I have been carrying only one gun and carrying some reloads in the car -- together with a backup flashlight, etc.

Who carries "car guns" in addition to whatever you are packing on your person?

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2004, 02:47:30 PM »
Duane ... very rare for me to carry anything extra as a car (truck!) gun ... just now and again I have had an auto stashed in glove box but not regularly.  I do tho keep a coupla extra speedloaders in there for my SP-101 ... but that gun is always on my hip ... ALL the time.

Exceptions have been when travelling further, with wife along too .... and the spare becomes hers if we are motelling over night etc.

I guess, for myself -  I reckon, if I can't get outa trouble with my daily ''usual'' then I'm probably screwed anyways.!
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline FJC

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2004, 04:32:12 PM »
I generally only have what i'm personally carrying, though I'll admit I've often thought about a "trunk gun" - something substantial that I could get at if need be.

I've not done it so far, primarily out of fear it might get stolen.
--Frank C. (FJC)

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2004, 09:24:39 PM »
I carry a firearm in my car only for a specific purpose. The longest that I had a firearm in my car was maybe 4 months.

Offline shooterjb

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2004, 09:04:56 AM »
Although I have never done it, I have often thought of having a good auto body man build a special, concealed, easily accessable, compartment into one of my vehicles to put something heavy in. Maybe someday I will. I do generally carry extra ammo in my car.

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2004, 08:24:28 AM »
On cable, I've seen several specials on armored automobiles. In many, they build in gun lockers, and I admit, it would be cool to own one.

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
  • Ivan, Dennis, and Katrina - enough is enough!
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2004, 10:14:14 AM »
I carried a weapon in the car for years -- prior to obtaining my FL CWL in '94.  I never had it stolen -- as a matter of fact, I've been fortunate to never experience a break-in in an automobile.  As others stated, it did become a pain when going to places where the firearm needed to be removed (car washes, service centers, etc.).  Especially, military bases.  I've checked them at the front gate -- but it is time intensive.

Since obtaining my first "always" gun, I guess I stopped carrying the car gun routinely.  If traveling, I may still add something a little larger in the car.

I might add, my airplane has a pistol on board 24/7 (.22 WMR semi-auto with 4 30-round mags and an additional 200 rounds of ammo) -- more of a survival tool than personal protection -- but it has it's own special place in the baggage compartment.
I'm not a gun expert -- but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Offline Mr_Jody_Hudson

• Expert
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2004, 09:24:41 PM »
I have been a "Road Warrior" that is a salesperson that spends a LOT of time on the road - for all my adult life.  I carry a LOT of valuable tools and "just in case" stuff in my trunk and have since I started driving legally.  

Currently this includes a printer, a scanner, lots of business files, tools, emergency gear, etc.  In addition I carry, at times, a couple of pistols and ammo for the ocassional few minutes to stop by a range for some bullseyes.  I keep my laptop case with me or in the trunk too.  Access to my trunk is ONLY via the keys on my belt or my remote opener - the opening buttons inside the car are locked.  Sometimes I carry a .22 Pappoose takedown rifle as well... Although a stolen gun would be a very unhappy situation for me; there are many other things in my car that would be equally or greater loses with equal or greater consequences for me.

Delaware Real Estate = http://www.Kate-Jody.com

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2004, 10:50:33 PM »
Mr. Jody Hudson:

I've followed your postings and checked your website (which is excellent, by the way).  Once upon a time, long ago and in a former life, I believe I almost called you regarding one of your listed beachfront properties.  But that was long ago and in a former life.  I have now retreated to the mountains, where I have circled my wagons in a cul-de-sac.

Welcome to the Forum, and the best of luck to you and your lovely partner in your business.

RS
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Mr_Jody_Hudson

• Expert
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2004, 09:00:49 AM »
Thanks! ;D ;D
Delaware Real Estate = http://www.Kate-Jody.com

BobJ

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2004, 01:11:59 AM »
New member comment:
10 round mag would be great to have available.  I hope they do produce it later - and the sight modification discussed elsewhere.   I am about to order R9s.  Or, maybe try to find dealer that has one left.  

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2004, 05:35:22 PM »
A 10 rounder would be nice for the range and also for the occasion when a bit more "firepower" would be helpful..

Kind of like having a G17 mag on hand for the G26..Or how about the G18.. ;D
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2004, 03:59:23 PM »
In this day and time, one never knows what will happen. I have a gun in the car all the time, ie: Ruger speed six with spurless hammer in stnls., with 2 speed loaders. Even after having the car broken into twice the wheel gun is still there. I have it in the bottom of a box of kleenix with all the tissues on top, wedged between the seat and something else thats hard. No one gives it a second thought or look. Grab the tissues and throw them in the air to get their attention and then grab the gun out. Its in stnls., so rust is not a problem and it does not cost a whole lot of money. Keep the serial # listed some where so if its stolen you can report it. In addition have your carry gun with you at all times, more often than not its now the R9S. or a .45acp.   Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus