Author Topic: R9 GOES TO HOLLYWOOD!!!!!!  (Read 9443 times)

Offline TW

• Grand Master
R9 GOES TO HOLLYWOOD!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2005, 05:46:02 AM »
>>I agree with FireBreath, Chris, and others about Maria's pleasant and professional phone demeanor, and also the annoying use of high caps to express oneself.  

Makes me wonder if the two subjects might be related...?...if in fact verbal High Caps were used on the phone with Maria, she might well have kept the conversation short and to the point.  I certainly would, although I would probably lack the  grace of Maria to express myself in a constructive manner...having been told by a former boss that I lack certain professionalisms.  I'm glad I got rid of the boss now that I work for myself **widea**grins**, and that the organization we both worked for at the time got rid of him altogether...!  Sometimes what comes around, goes around, and it's just a beautiful day...

About the R9 in Hollywood...  When I was at the new factory facility back in February Karl told me about this story.  It seems someone in the industry and working on this picture owned an R9.  Somehow it was brought to the attention of the director and he loved the gun...!...and decided to make use of it.  While telling me about all this Karl was just finishing up some special black R9 grips (heavy lacquer, as I remember) for the gun in use on the Jolie thigh and other scenes in the final cut...TW<<  

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: R9 GOES TO HOLLYWOOD!!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2005, 08:40:35 AM »
Elegantly expressed, Chris.  My sentiments, exactly!
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline logical

• Expert
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2005, 08:54:12 AM »
I hope everyone knows that my temporary use of the big letters was just a subtle jab at Mr. Smith to point out his overuse.  

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2005, 11:01:06 AM »
logical - yep - no probs! :)
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2005, 08:24:21 PM »
I'll add my name to the list that regards Maria as pleasant. In fact, I thought she was very nice.

The bad news is that she did not make good on a promise to call back regarding my repeated attempts to buy Rohrbaugh shirts from the website store.

Has anyone got a Rohrbaugh shirt? I tried to buy the golf shirt and the long sleeved T, with the Rohrbaugh name down the sleeve. No call back. No shirt.

What else would you wear to the movie premier?
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson