Author Topic: eBack for Good  (Read 3718 times)

Offline Phsimone

• Master
eBack for Good
« on: December 27, 2010, 05:17:54 PM »
Good evening gentleman. I just wanted to say it is great to be back in the USA, I got back about 3 weeks ago. I still feel like crap, cannot sleep, I am cranky as hell, I duck at every sound above a feather dropping, having my 6 and 9 year old around does not make it easy in that regard but they ar the only thing to make me smile. I guess it will take another month or so to get back to normal. But, never again. I am 60+ now and my little adventure took at least 10 years off my life. I am not sure how our people do it. But I did kiss the ground when I got home. I do see not much has changed here, that is a good thing and I am glad to be back amongst friends. My memory is shot, every part of me aches, it is 40 degrees in Florida 30 at night. I heard it is only 40 in the Bahamas, I need a vacations spot. Maybe if I must be in the cold somewhere in the mountains of North Carolina, a nice cabin about 30 miles from the nearest town and well provisioned with lots of grey goose and a thimble of vermouth. Oh and I cannot forget the cocktail onions.
Phil

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: eBack for Good
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 07:30:42 PM »
Phil,
   Welcome back.
The 40 degrees in Florida is better than our high of 31 degrees with 4" of snow here in NC. :o I could have stayed in NY for this kind of weather.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 07:38:24 PM »
Good to have you back, Phil.  

John.  We got 5" of snow here.  Didn't know how to act.  Been awhile since we've got that much.  Got down to 23 degrees this morning.  Supposed to get up to 44 by tomorrow afternoon.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 08:36:52 AM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 07:57:06 PM »
I think we need to brace for another ice age!

Offline bama

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 09:54:42 PM »
I think we need to brace for another ice age!
You must be confused. Al Gore (inventor of the Internet) says we are in the midst of Global Warming!  ::)
Dr John Meade
Director of Tactical Medicine
Suarez International

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 10:04:56 PM »
You must be confused. Al Gore (inventor of the Internet) says we are in the midst of Global Warming!  ::)

Do you believe everything Al Gore says?    ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2010, 10:30:35 PM »
I am going to come up with some high end snow shoes for the palm beach set.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 11:43:11 AM »
Phil, welcome back buddy, ease back in slowly. The very best to you.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 10:27:03 AM »
Phil:

Welcome back to the land of the round door knob. It will take a little time to readjust. Just ease back, keep the Grey Goose close at hand, and enjoy the change.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"