Author Topic: Brand new R9s FTF and FTE with Federal ammo  (Read 19173 times)

Offline jeeptree2112

Re: Brand new R9s FTF and FTE with Federal ammo
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2012, 02:58:21 PM »
Just got off the phone with Karl R. and he said the recoil assembly was shot.  He also said he replaced the the trigger mechanism as well.  He did one more thing but forget what it was.  He stated there was a lot of rounds through it.  OK, I bought it brand new and fired 170ish rounds through it.   So I asked his opinion on "a lot of rounds", and he far more than 170.  INTERESTING!!!!!!  I'm calling the gun store.  So he said it is brand new now. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!  GREAT FEEDBACK FROM KARL!! 

Offline JohnBT

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2012, 04:31:53 PM »
"I also think their customer service strategy of having the founder callback complaining customers is a joke, though overall, might be effective for them - I don't know. Smells like a BS move that shouldn't be necessary with a quality product"

I know why you smell BS. Check your shoes, you stepped in something.  ;)

Meanwhile, let's hope the OP's gun is fixed. That's round count thing is odd though.

John

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2012, 04:59:14 PM »
Gunstore commando " let me check that serial number..... oops that's the store demo, my oh my, how did THAT get switched ? ".
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2012, 05:21:18 PM »
"I also think their customer service strategy of having the founder callback complaining customers is a joke, though overall, might be effective for them - I don't know. Smells like a BS move that shouldn't be necessary with a quality product"

I know why you smell BS. Check your shoes, you stepped in something.  ;)

Under that point of view it would appear that Karl is dam*ed if he does and dam*ed if he doesn't.  My point of view holds that the manufacturer of a truly  quality product should do exactly as Karl is doing.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2012, 05:42:09 PM »

There is no "strategy", just outstanding customer service with a master's personal touch. Far better the phone call than some no-name apprentice working on it and sending it back without a word.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2012, 05:47:49 PM »
Good words, RS and tracker and I agree.  My thoughts are, Karl is definitely doing the right thing.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline jeeptree2112

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2012, 06:03:21 PM »
My minor two cents is that if an owner of a company calls me personally,  that's paramount in customer service.  I'm very satisfied with the interaction we had.  BUT, I just called the gun store and they assure me and will prove to me that the gun was brand new, never been fired since they have no gun range.  They have only taken in 2 used Rohrbaugh's since the doors opened, they sold one a year ago and the owner has the other.  So with that being said, should a gun code named the Rolls Royce of 9mm's be THAT worn after 170 rounds as stated from Karl?  Let me just answer that for everyone.....NO.  But hey, he gave it the VIP treatment and I'll love it and carry it everywhere......after I test it of course. 

Offline Wildcat1

• Firearms Pharmacist
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2012, 09:36:22 PM »
Good grief.  Enough already.  "My gun won't work and the gun store says this and the owner of the gun company says that, and whoa is me."  Buy the Kimber.  Karl will refund your money.
Daily R9 Carrier
Endowment Life
Instructor
Military

Offline jeeptree2112

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2012, 09:58:59 PM »
LOL     some here asked for updates, I gave you updates.  Whoa is me you thought you cared.
Wildcat, you make me smile.  Have a good day  There's always one
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 10:02:44 PM by jeeptree2112 »

Offline nyr888

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2012, 11:48:48 AM »
JohnBT: checked my boots - clean. Checked my upper lip - clean as well. If you're going to be rude, at least be funny.

tracker: All business is by definition a "strategy" to produce profit. I promise Rohrbaugh has a customer service "strategy". I guess I'm ok with a "no-name" calling me. Not really one to be star-struck.

Wildcat1: This is a discussion board. We are discussing. Sometimes people will have compliants and I'm sorry if that ruins the circle jerk. I'm a realist always in pursuit of fact. I also think that you're wrong about Karl refunding my money. Would be awesome, but not likely. He even refused to cover the shipping charges of sending the gun back to them so...

jeeptree2112: Pretty funny that you caught Karl giving you a BS excuse.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2012, 11:57:41 AM »

If I sold my R9 this forum would be in my rear view mirror.

Offline nyr888

« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2012, 12:18:17 PM »
Do you want me to go away tracker?

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2012, 12:22:00 PM »
No, I was just speaking for myself. There have been several prominent members here who sold their R9s and saw no further need to be a member of this forum.

Offline nyr888

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2012, 12:35:02 PM »
I guess I'm still intrigued by Rohrbaugh. Plus you guys are pretty cool and have some good knowledge. However, I fully admit I am not in the same shooting class as Reinz. I couldn't hit a thing with an R9 at 120 yards.

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2012, 04:06:06 PM »
Nyr888 - I welcome you to the forum whether you own an R9 or not.  I also respect your veiws whether I agree with you or not.  As you said this a discussion board  and I do like to discuss.  It's great admiring pics of new aquisitions, but discussing is more stimulating to me.

BTW, I never hit Anything at 120 yds, I came close and Only 50% of the time.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE