Author Topic: WTB - Disassembly Tools  (Read 1298 times)

Offline Retired

WTB - Disassembly Tools
« on: November 15, 2022, 03:37:54 PM »
Does anyone here have disassembly tools for sale?

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Re: WTB - Disassembly Tools
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2022, 10:06:43 AM »
I have one but not for sale.  There is one version you can make from easily available PVC pipe pieces.  I do not have the post, but someone here can likely provide the link.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2022, 10:46:40 AM »
Found it:  For quick removal of barrel pin (an replacement at reassembly) there is a homemade tool with parts from any hardware store that cost a few cents and require almost no assembly, search on this forum for post#45 on March 11., 2021 by Joe From NY under “tools for cleaning and maintenance of the R9”.  There is also information on modifying a Bus Puller from Lowes or Home Depot to make replacement of the guide rod and spring into the slide on reassembly.  These two simple tools make cleaning and inspecting the R9 a breeze!  Cargaritaville has also made such a post under a similar heading I believe.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2022, 12:26:16 PM »
Found it:  For quick removal of barrel pin (an replacement at reassembly) there is a homemade tool with parts from any hardware store that cost a few cents and require almost no assembly, search on this forum for post#45 on March 11., 2021 by Joe From NY under “tools for cleaning and maintenance of the R9”.  There is also information on modifying a Bus Puller from Lowes or Home Depot to make replacement of the guide rod and spring into the slide on reassembly.  These two simple tools make cleaning and inspecting the R9 a breeze!  Cargaritaville has also made such a post under a similar heading I believe.

Here is the direct link to that thread.
http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/index.php?topic=3364.msg97518#msg97518

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2022, 04:01:10 PM »
Thanks Mike….never been able to figure out how to turn these into a link.
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2022, 04:46:19 PM »
No worries,

Copy, paste and then hit enter at the end of the link. 

Now if I cold just figure out how to make it link to the start of the thread, LOL.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2022, 07:46:49 PM »
TKS!
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis