Author Topic: R9 auction  (Read 1367 times)

Offline Tangmu

R9 auction
« on: November 17, 2022, 06:48:03 PM »
Does anyone know why this sold for so much?   https://www.gunbroker.com/item/943629453

I have an R9 that looks exactly like this one.  They called it "ultra rare" in the description.  Is that just hyperbole, or is there something special about that one that makes it different than others?  I see what looks like an "S" at the end of the serial number in the pictures, and mine is only digits, no "S" at the end. Other than that, it's identical.  All black, same markings, accessories, and case.  ** Update:  The last digit of the serial number is a "3".  I mistook it for an "S"  **

Thanks for any insight.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 02:25:01 PM by Tangmu »

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
Re: R9 auction
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2022, 10:24:49 AM »
Wow, that was a market adjustment, LOL.

Don't see the 'S' you mention, looks like the last digit of the serial number (R2643) to me.

I haven't a clue on the selling price................

Offline Tangmu

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2022, 03:12:38 PM »
MikeInTexas, You're right, the last digital is a 3, and not an S.  I updated my post, thanks.  If the going rate for one of these was $4k, I'd be tempted to list mine, but looking at related auctions that was way high.  That's why I'm wondering if that one was unique in some way.

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2022, 04:45:26 PM »
I don’t see anything special except it is like new. I looked at the bidders and the buyer has bought several handguns in the last month.

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2022, 12:05:54 PM »
I'd be tempted to list mine,

Careful, careful.  The SEC takes market manipulations very seriously.  False signals could result in unfair and unethical trading in the highly volatile worldwide R9 market.  As a member here, you could be subject to even more scrutiny due to your 'insider' status. 

https://www.sec.gov/tcr

(For all you Tide fans, I am talking about a different SEC.  Go back to crying in your moonshine about this years dwindling playoff chances.)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2022, 05:25:02 PM »
Apparently, "caveat emptor" no longer applies to consumer law.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2022, 07:32:22 PM »

The seller, Keystone Arms, is a major player on GunBroker and has a huge following of buyers with very deep pockets.  Most of his sales a consignment guns.

Keystone does everything on Gunbroker and starts at $.01 auctions.

It is not unusual to see his auctions bring anywhere from 3 to 10 times what the firearms are worth is a normal setting.  He charges 17% to sell your guns and he pays the GB fees.

Offline Tangmu

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2022, 11:47:27 AM »
Thanks, MRC.  Good info.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2022, 08:32:19 PM »
Simply a very nice early model R9 presented well with good clear photography. If you have an audience willing to get what they want, the sky can be the limit at times. This was such a time. Good for the seller and good for the buyer who won what is becoming a rare sidearm today.

ecr
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.