Rohrbaugh Products and Accessories > Rohrbaugh R9 (all variations)

Do you still carry this gun?

<< < (2/5) > >>

tracker:
No, I did not but that sounds like a good idea. However, it appears that the factory mag catch works fine with the Shield magazine.

Douglas:
Wondering if there's a Catch-22 of the factory polymer mag catch becoming worn by the steel magazines, or the upgraded mag catch wearing on normal polymer magazines.

tracker:
I don't know but matching similar surface interfacing materials makes sense.

MikeInTexas:
Douglas and Tracker, you guys got me interested as well.  I don't even have a small frame Glock (Do have a 80% just in case).  However, they do explain why they recommend you changing the mag catch here:  https://shieldarms.com/s15-talk-mag-catches

Back to the R9.  It is my daily carry.  In situations where I am going outside my normal areas I do choose to carry a G-19 or a Kimber Pro Carry in addition.  Both provide me with a little extra insurance.  I will open carry a G-20C when going into the woods, but the R9 is still in the pocket.

The R9 does exactly what it did when I first got it, time has not diminished it's usefulness to me, even with other newer options.

Not worried about breakage, things happen and I will figure out how to repair as needed.  They seem to be robust enough to last forever with the limited number of rounds I put through it.  I very rarely have to repair a broken part on any of my firearms, even the higher use ones.  I've got guns with many thousands of rounds down the pipe that still tick along just fine.

May have lost one of my R9s' recently as herself asked me to let her 'look' at the spare, LOL.  Next range day, the one with sights may end up being a purse gun :(

tracker:
Thank you, Mike. Unfortunately, the Z9 steel mag catch for the G43 is out of stock. I will order one when available.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version