Author Topic: Grip screws  (Read 1310 times)

Offline Cm2050

Grip screws
« on: February 07, 2023, 12:24:49 PM »
I purchased the last grips  from VZ grips for R9 it came without screws they informed me that they would order more and send them. I asked that they give me the information and that I would Order  myself they were happy to do so. For those interested
MSC 00100156
Button head cap screws - 3/48 X 3/16

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Re: Grip screws
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2023, 04:00:17 PM »
Thank you CM2050.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline JMB109

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2023, 08:04:04 PM »
I wonder if the grip screws from the Remington RM380 would work with the VZ Grips?

Offline Cm2050

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2023, 08:40:13 PM »
From MSC less than $15 for 25 screws

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2023, 09:34:58 PM »
Good information on grip screw availability CM.

Thanks for sharing and welcome aboard!

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline JMB109

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2023, 06:28:19 PM »
I purchased a Rohrbaugh R9 from Gunbroker that came with nice blue VZ grips installed. The trigger was not reset properly, so I figured I would take off the right side grip and apply some oil. I had got the one grip screw out with little effort, the other one however was a PIA. I thought for sure that the previous owner glued in the screw, it would not budge. I heated the screw with a soldering iron, would not budge, tried WD40, still would not budge. I ran over to the Auto Zone nearby and got a can off PB Blaster, took the slide off and sprayed the screw hole from inside the frame, left it soak for a half hour and the screw finally broke lose without stripping the screw or frame. I didn’t think I was ever going to get that screw out. Anyway, I clean everything up under the grip panel, oiled the parts and put it back together. The trigger is much better. That’s for the information on the screws, I don’t plan to use Loctite and nice to know there is a source for the VZ grip screws. I did order some RM380 grip screws to see if they would fit.