Author Topic: Malfunctioning: Need advice  (Read 2578 times)

Offline boscobarbell

• Sharpshooter
  • Guns, Knives, and Liquor
Re: Malfunctioning: Need advice
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2023, 01:47:11 PM »
My Kahr MK9 magazines always do that. I have to be careful with them and even had a custom holster made to prevent the magazines from losing rounds as well.

The rounds would be nose down in the magazine before they would try and fall out. It was worst with the original metal magazine followers. The newer plastic ones fixed things a bit, but the problem is still there. I haven't tried the newer Lake Line aluminum ones.

However, even with the rounds were nose down, it never caused a feeding problem with any of my MK9's. And none of my R9 magazines that I've loaded hold the top round like the one you pictured does. They are flush with the feed lips.

I have a PM9 as well.  In fact, it's one of the reasons I've been reluctant to jump back into R9 ownership, since the little thing is so darn reliable (and parts are cheap and plentiful!).  Of course, the Rohrbaugh has that almost indescribable jewel-like quality, so there's that.

Anyway, I was looking to get some of those Lakeline followers for my mags, but it looks like he no longer makes them?
Those who dream of the banquet, wake to lamentation and sorrow.
Those who dream of lamentation and sorrow wake to join the hunt.
               —The Wisdom of Laotse, 236