Rohrbaugh Products and Accessories > Rohrbaugh Range Reports

New-To-Me R9 At The Range

<< < (3/3)

backupr9:
Remember to tighten the grip screws on the right (ejector) side after every 20-30 rounds.  Should that grip become loose, the trigger return spring will not function.  Never ever glue the grip screws in with something that cannot be easily overcome with a little heat (first-hand experience here, which is why I would rather just keep the screws tight but not over tight in a carry piece that would at best be shot 7 times in a close self defense encounter).  The R9 is, IMHO, the single best high caliber concealable pistol for EDC, and the most comfortable as well.

boscobarbell:

--- Quote from: backupr9 on April 08, 2023, 10:04:37 AM ---Remember to tighten the grip screws on the right (ejector) side after every 20-30 rounds.  Should that grip become loose, the trigger return spring will not function.  Never ever glue the grip screws in with something that cannot be easily overcome with a little heat (first-hand experience here, which is why I would rather just keep the screws tight but not over tight in a carry piece that would at best be shot 7 times in a close self defense encounter).  The R9 is, IMHO, the single best high caliber concealable pistol for EDC, and the most comfortable as well.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the reminder.  I just checked mine, and they are pretty tight on the left side, but can be loosened.  The right side screws appear to have been sealed with Locktite, because they simply won't budge.  At some point I'll probably need to heat them up and see if I can remove them, just for a deep cleaning. 

tracker:
Karl wisely advised me several years ago to not remove the grips for "maintenance." The trigger sear bar spring can become loose and difficult to reinstall. There are several previous posts on this subject.

boscobarbell:

--- Quote from: tracker on April 10, 2023, 11:10:21 AM ---Karl wisely advised me several years ago to not remove the grips for "maintenance." The trigger sear bar spring can become loose and difficult to reinstall. There are several previous posts on this subject.

--- End quote ---

I was not aware of that.  Thank you. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version