Author Topic: 1949 Harrington & Richardson Model 922 9-Shot Revolver  (Read 3184 times)

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
1949 Harrington & Richardson Model 922 9-Shot Revolver
« on: June 27, 2023, 06:10:22 PM »
Good Evening,

I will be posting a few firearms in the next few weeks here as I would like to offer them to the membership before I try selling them on one of the gun auction sites.

This is something of an oddity, but it has been fun for me for a few years.
This is my listing:
___________________________________________________________________________________

Harrington & Richardson Model 922 9-Shot Double or Single Action Revolver in .22 LR w/6” Barrel

Manufacturer:  Harrington & Richardson

Model:  922

Action:  Double/Single action, 9-shot – Action cycles smoothly and locks up nicely.

Caliber:  .22 LR

Serial Number: J8702

Date of Manufacture: 1949 (J-Prefix)

Overall Condition: Very Good

Barrel: 6”

Bore: Excellent, bright with strong rifling.

Type of Finish/Metal Condition:
Blued – Approx. 97% of the factory-blued finish remains, with a few specks of oxidation on the barrel, cylinder, and frame.
Grips/Condition:  Checkered synthetic brown Tenite one-piece grip – Grips are very good, displaying scattered light marks.
Front Sight: Blade

Rear Sight: Fixed square-notched, integral with top of the frame.

There are many photographs so that you can assess the overall condition of this revolver. 
  Thank You.

If you care to ask me any questions, feel free to PM me here and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
Be patient, I'm old now.  lol

$325 plus Transfer Fees

You all enjoy your evening now.

Regards,

Eric C. Rohrbaugh  (ECR)

« Last Edit: June 27, 2023, 10:05:48 PM by ECR »
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline ccoorreeyy

• Sharpshooter
Re: 1949 Harrington & Richardson Model 922 9-Shot Revolver
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2023, 06:19:51 PM »
Great shooters.  I've got one just like it.  Fun gun.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2023, 07:46:14 PM »
Yes, it has been fun. Everyone should have at least one old .22 caliber revolver. Funny thing...... Those old H&R firearms used to be considered junk. . . . . just cheaply made users. However, as time goes on, an interesting fact seems to be happening with them. These were made when Americans still had pride in everything we made. Looking closely at the under-appreciated H&R pieces from post-WWII and you can see even they were made with pride. I've been watching them for the past few years and they are rising in price on the auction sites now. Not everyone can grab a $3500 - $6000 and up Colt Python, but these H&R pieces are a viable way to get into the history of our earlier offerings from our country. It's fun and inexpensive too!

ecr
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2023, 07:55:31 PM »
A few more photographs.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2023, 08:03:08 AM »
Eric: When did you become old?
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2023, 09:28:58 PM »
I guess when I turned 70 a while back. Then again, perhaps I have another ten years to go before I'm "old" at 80. 

80. . . . The new 70.  lol

Have a great 4th of July Weekend coming up folks! 

Summer is here!  Enjoy it!

ecr

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2023, 07:05:43 PM »
Thanks, Eric, but we will have to wait until November this year in Houston to enjoy outdoor activities. It is even too hot to go to the range this summer. I don't believe in global warming but they are making a good case in the southwest this year.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2023, 09:58:27 AM »
“80, the new 70”…..I wish!
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2023, 07:50:22 PM »
Well tracker, I guess you'll have to save your range time for the Fall. Stay indoors with the air conditioning on and enjoy a good book and a beverage for now.

ecr