Author Topic: Some great carry pants ....  (Read 7219 times)

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Some great carry pants ....
« on: July 31, 2004, 05:53:47 PM »
I know we have discussed pants before, re carry -  but - just found some I consider great for pocket carry.  Got them thru recently and am wearing a pair tonight to go out for family dinner... with R9s of course!

Cabelas ''Stretch 7-pocket Hiker Pants'' ..... got a coupla pairs in a color they call ''driftwood'' .... vaguely a sorta khaki. Item # XR-90-2836 .. @ $34.95 each. (Also got a coupla pairs of same in shorts but denim).  They hem these to your length choice for a small extra charge.

What I like in particular is - the very spacious main pockets at front, and these have a patch pocket over the top .. great for loose change, while pocket holster sits great in main large one.  No printing ... just aware of the weight - but that does not pull too much.

Daresay some of you may have them already and I know Dockers work pretty good too.  I can take a pic if required .. but thought I'd mention them as they strike me as so darned good for carry. :)
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline doctordun

• Sharpshooter
Re: Some great carry pants ....
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 01:36:19 AM »
Been using them over a year now, including their shorts. The smaller pocket directly on the front pocket aids tremendously in pocket concealment/printing.

Offline shooterjb

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2004, 01:27:39 PM »
I got a couple of pairs of the Cabela's Hiking Shorts last week. One of the main selling points was the excellant pocket arrangement and dimensions.

Frank

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2004, 09:21:25 PM »
The Cabelas are great.  I have some of them, but I usually  wear Proppers BDUs when not on my "day job."  My wife likes to "pull my chain" by chiding that I used to have my clothing custom made but now shop at the Army surplus store.  Oh, well, she says she intends to keep me.  (And as I keep reminding her, good bodyguards are hard to find.)

RS
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline JP

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2004, 09:25:25 PM »
I've really been enjoying this forum as I wait delivery of my R9s. My Cabela's hker pants and shorts did arrive the other day though and they are everything all of you have been saying. They are as comfortable as lounge pants and the pocket set up is perfect.
I don't think I'll be ordering a holster until my present arrives, but the discussions regarding the different models is welcome.
Thanks to all you experts!
NRA Patron
SAFR

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2004, 09:40:30 PM »
JP:

Welcome to the Forum.  

My only advice would be to order your holster pretty soon.  The best gunleather artists are getting increasingly busy working on Rohrbaugh orders.

RS
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline JP

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2004, 09:50:43 PM »
Thanks for the welcome wishes, I appreciate them as this is the first forum I've participated in, but would like to stay in touch due to the professional manner in which everyone conducts themselves.
NRA Patron
SAFR

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2004, 09:59:35 PM »
JP ... Hi! And welcome from me also .....  :)

I am still just loving these pants .. I think Cabelas should label them ....... ''made for pocket carry''!  :D

Indeed .. you observe well - this forum has pretty much the highest rating (IMO) for manners, decorum, respect and integrity of about any I have been on - and that is quite a few!

Long may that continue and - speaking for the bulk of us I'll say - long may that continue ... and we are all instrumental in promoting and maintaining that.

Hope you enjoy.
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline dmobrien2001

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2004, 10:01:57 AM »
I hate to start a fashion show, girls, but Cabellas only offers even sizes and I'm a 33.  Are the shorts cut tight or loose?  Do I order a 32 or a 34?  

Thanks for the fashion advice... :)
- Dan

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2004, 10:08:46 AM »
Order the big size, if they are too big, just eat till they fit..   Works for me..   :D
RJ=

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2004, 10:17:04 AM »
Dan ..... I vacillated on this matter myself ... wondering whether to ''play safe'' and go for a 36 in case they were on tighter side of sizing, tho 34 is my actual waist..

Took a gamble and chose 34.  They seemed to be well matched to spec' so - if you are 32 and want 32 .... I would say that you'll get what you require, based on my experience.

I added selective hemming on the long pants and those also came out almost exactly right for what I requested.

[size=16] if they are too big, just eat till they fit..[/size]

RJ ... Bwhaha!  :D  What an admission!!  ;D
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline dmobrien2001

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2004, 10:41:13 AM »
if you are 32 and want 32 .... I would say that you'll get what you require, based on my experience.

Hehe, I'm a 33 and want a 33.  I generally have the rule that if the 32 has a little elastic in the band, then go with 32, otherwise go with 33, but this even size only (I can only get 32 or 34 is a bummer). :)

Ok, command decision. 32 it is :)

EDIT: hold the phone, it seems they DO offer 33 in the 30-35" range! Yeehaw.

"Never mind!"
« Last Edit: August 21, 2004, 10:43:46 AM by dmobrien2001 »
- Dan

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2004, 10:45:02 AM »
Hmmm ... not so sure Dan ... if it's 33 you want then just perhaps .. play safe and go 34 .... and remember RJ's suggestion!! ;D
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline dmobrien2001

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2004, 05:12:16 PM »
I received my Cabellas shorts.  Size is perfect.  The pocket is a little tight on top for the PM9, but the R9S should extract more smoothly. The loops take my 1.5" Wilderness belt just fine. Although the side loops are a bit wide making the gap between the loops at 2:00 and at 4:00 too narrow. I like to wear my PM9 in IWB Mr. Softy holster between the waistband and belt so this won't work on these shorts. Quality is good. Made in South Africa. Has nice cell phone pocket on the right hand side.
- Dan

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2004, 05:26:47 PM »
Phew!  Glad they fit Dan! :)

Those loops are a bit large aren't they ..... my 1 1/2 belt goes thru fine too but, I can see a possible IWB prob.

In my case, I manage to do with my OWB belt slide much as I do on regular jeans and loops ..... it ''straddles'' one loop ...... and finishes up as I want it close to 3.30 o'clock.
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site