Author Topic: Matt Del Fatti  (Read 8597 times)

Offline pale_horse

Re: Matt Del Fatti
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2004, 07:02:52 PM »
Hi Dave,

You might want to look into some of the leasing programs available on these stitchers.  With a small down, you can get into one for about $200.00 a month and own it for a couple of bucks at the end of the lease.
You may have to work long hours to get it paid for, but it 's certainly worth it in the long run.

Ronbo

Offline Matt Del Fatti

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2004, 09:34:35 PM »
Azrael

Careful now,  take care of that heart.  

http://www.ucinet.com/~luberto/classic.htm

thanks Matt, for  sending  this to me..

You're welcome.  It's an easy to use and nice stitcher if don't need the needle/awl type.  And they're very nice folks to deal with.

Offline azrael

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2004, 09:37:56 PM »
Ronbo,
Looked at the very thing that you suggested...Prolly do so after the first of the year if something doesnt come up...guy tried to sell me a Tippman Boss...UGH pulling that handle several hundred times just doesnt seem like a good idea and at $1,500.00 a tad steep IMO..Although if I find one used for a decent price I would prolly jump on it...

I took a real long look at the Tippman Aerostich series...This one will prolly be the one that follows me home after the first of the year...

MAtt,
Sorry for the thread (pun intended..lol) Hijack...Needle/awl?? I dont get that one...
Dave
Azrael's Custom Leather

"There is no love in your violence"
Kakihara (Ichi the Killer)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2004, 09:50:59 PM »

Ron,

I assume you mean you finished or shipped 200 holsters this week, right?  Lord knows I am no holster maker, but you can't make 200 holsters start to finish in a week by hand, can you?
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Matt Del Fatti

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2004, 10:56:12 PM »
MAtt,
Sorry for the thread (pun intended..lol) Hijack...Needle/awl?? I dont get that one...

Needle and Awl stitchers like Campbell-Bosworth and Union Lockstitch have a "pointy thing" top and bottom.  The Awl (on top) punches a hole in the leather and then a hooked needle follows it through the hole, catches the thread and draws it down though the hole where a lockstitch is formed.   The single needle machines, like a No. 9 and the Tippmans, are kinda like a really heavy duty sewing machine.  The have a single needle (no awl) that has a hole in it that the top thread goes through.  The needle punches the hole as it pushes the top thread through the leather.  Then the shuttle catches the top thread and creates the lock stitch.  The needle and awl machines make very tight stitches but, because of the hooked needle, can't sew fabric like nylon webbing for example.  I have a No. 9 (which can be found by following the link RJ posted) and a Campbell-Bosworth.  The CB is the one I use on holsters you see in this thread.  

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2004, 10:58:07 PM by Matt_Del_Fatti »

Offline azrael

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2004, 11:11:57 PM »
Matt,
Thanks for the info..

That CB is an awesome looking machine...just looking at it made my wallet howl in pain though...

Makes some great stitches though... ;D
Dave
Azrael's Custom Leather

"There is no love in your violence"
Kakihara (Ichi the Killer)

Offline pale_horse

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2004, 04:32:06 PM »
Hi Duane,

Yeah..you sure can, but it makes for late nights , a long week. and a whole lot of coffee.

Right now, I have several contracts and a pretty significant back log, so I need to be doing this and have been for a good part of 2004.

I imagine, as a one man shop, depending on your equipment and overhead, 50 to 100 holsters a week, would be ideal.

This would still give you a day off now and then and a little time with the family.  This can make all the difference in the world.

The Tippman Boss will give you a real workout over a long day and are "touchy" to keep set up. If you are doing any real amount of stitching..I wouldn't recommend them.  You will tire of it quickly.

R.

Offline Jim

• Expert
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2004, 01:07:29 PM »
Hey Matt, just saw this thread and wanted to drop you a note complimenting you on your work..  Great!!  Welcome aboard...  Jim, (in the thumb of Mi.) ;)
Glock 23, previous R9S owner sold due to health problems.  Just enjoy the folks on this forum!!

Offline Matt Del Fatti

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2004, 08:03:38 PM »
Thank you Jim!