Author Topic: Ron Graham turnaround time  (Read 11199 times)

Offline bigdave

Ron Graham turnaround time
« on: July 22, 2004, 09:17:45 PM »
Any one know about what Ron Graham's turn around time is on pocket holster's?

Offline K-Man

• Master
  • aka Someone Else
Re: Ron Graham turnaround time
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 10:31:11 PM »
bigdave:

Here's a link to Ron Graham's "order" page on his website.  This may help you with your question.  

http://www.grahamholsters.com/orders.htm

You may want to look at his "forum" page on his website.  There you'll find other announcements about his turn around time, as well as being able to check the status of your order.
www.kdholsters.com

U.S. Navy (Retired)

May we always have the freedom to pursue our dreams.

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2004, 08:56:18 AM »
Hi Big Dave:

I got 40 products made by Ron. I also have two very large orders currently pending.

As to his turn-around time, it really depends on the holster. He builds holsters in batches. I've gotten holsters from him within a week to as long as 4+ months.

Late last year Gun Test mag did a review oif his Rear Pocket holster that was so favorable that literally hundreds of orders came in overnight. That created a backlog that was unreal.

He made some changes: he now has 5 employees (both full and part time), he has created his Basic Black line and cut a deal with NAA to sell those for their guns exclusively, and he will sell some of his high end stuff for the Rohrbaugh through Rohrbaugh.

Recently he announced that he will process pocketgun holsters faster and standard firearm holsters more slowly. Just because it is a numbers game. But that may also change in time. For sometime now he has been working on a holster for full size firearms that he calls the "Gunfighter." It is a design that was developed through extensive field testing done by various police units and others. Ron thinks this is the best work to-date. I tend to agree.

Offline pocketman

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2004, 05:12:13 PM »
Rohrbaugh has Graham's holster's available. I just ordered a kentucy done in  black african ostrage, should have it the middle of next week.

I plan on also ordering one in Reef shark.

8)

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2004, 02:09:35 AM »
Ok, give us the details... :)

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2004, 05:03:23 AM »
I hope it was the soft, rough-out model..  ;D
RJ=

Offline pocketman

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2004, 03:43:50 PM »
 ;D

Your the best RJ !!

I'm very please with the one I got, I love exotic's tho!

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2004, 09:55:05 PM »
How about this:

The top holster is a belt holster for the Rohrbaugh in sharkskin and the bottom is tan ostrich. The last photo is of the rear of the tan ostrich. This is one of Ron's only designs which use tension screws to ensure ideal belt placement and gun tension.

(Thank's RJ, I followed your instructions.)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2004, 10:02:24 PM by GeorgeH »

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2004, 01:00:48 AM »
See,    I knew you could do it... ;D
RJ=

Offline justin2992

• Expert
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2004, 02:59:28 AM »
One of the things I like so much about leather holsters is the hand fitting.  When properly executed it creates a holster which precisely matches the contours of the firearm.  This ensures the snug fit that keeps the weapon secure and also happens to look wonderful.  I’ve noticed that many of the popular holsters mentioned aren’t very well fitted with the exception of Hedley holsters.  Hedley, Sparks, Rosen, Bulman, and Del Fatti exemplify this time consuming process.  Thank you for your beautiful craft.
The 1938 Nazi Weapons Law is alive and well in the United States, and is called, "The Gun Control act of 1968", and is enforced by the modern day gestapo, known as the BATF.

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2004, 03:45:59 AM »
Hi Justin:

When I started to buy gun leather more than 30 years ago, hand boned leather wasn't very common. Back then most people wanted hand tooled leather. What you saw was a lot of lined hand tooled stuff. You had to do some real shopping to find working gun leather intended for defensive purposes. That is when I became a fan of makers like the late Chic Gaylord and Milt Sparks. They went against the mass market and developed some fine working leather.

Today, you have to be careful. I see a lot of production gun leather with fine detail, that you know wasn't created by hand boneing. Also, many police agencies require some kind of retention device. It pays to be a smart consumer.

The two holsters that I pictured above from Ron Graham was derived from a new design that he calls the Gun Fighter. That design evolved and was intended to meet certain LEO specifications. By using the tension screw he was able to eliminate the thumb break or an internal retention device. What I like about the design is that he used additional tension screws to allow the shooter to literally "lock" the holster to the belt. The design is also unsual in that the end users--the LEO's themselves--participated in the design and evaluation process.

But sometimes hand boning may cause excessive holster wear. For example, I'm not keen on having the ejection port detailed on a holster since it actually causes the ejection port to scrape against the leather causing premature wear. Some custom makers will fill the ejection port with some kind of clay or epoxy to avoid the problem.

But, I sort of weird. I'm a confirmed holster junkie. I've always been attracted to new designs. I'm always looking for a better way to carry a firearm. I wasted a lot of money over the years, but I did learn alot along the way.

Offline harrydog

• Master
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2004, 10:48:17 AM »
Does Ron Graham make belts?
The quality of his work speaks for itself and I'd love to get a Graham gun belt.

Offline pale_horse

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2004, 03:22:37 AM »
Hi Folks,

Turn around time..my backlog..certainly varies..and "yes"..I do make true "gun belts" on a custom order situation.

I'm very proud of my work...it is good stuff...works well..and a true value for your money.

Like a Jimmy Lile or Randall knife...you may have to wait a bit for it...but well worth it.

Best,
Ron Graham

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2004, 05:45:22 AM »
I have two Graham gun belts. Both are 2 inch, black, plain leather, double thickness, but one has velcro on the inside to "grab" on to a belt holster. Excellent quality. Shooterjb has an identical gun belt, and his like mine seems to wear like iron. And, yea, I put Ron's holsters in the Randall knife category. These are investment quality pieces.

Offline justin2992

• Expert
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2004, 05:45:03 PM »
I'm glad to see you on our forum Mr. Graham.  Here's a link to give everyone an indication of turn around time:
http://p081.ezboard.com/fgrahamholsterforumfrm26
The 1938 Nazi Weapons Law is alive and well in the United States, and is called, "The Gun Control act of 1968", and is enforced by the modern day gestapo, known as the BATF.