Author Topic: wtb R9  (Read 4085 times)

Offline ARAKNID

wtb R9
« on: September 24, 2005, 01:24:07 AM »
Looking to buy R9, hopefully without sights.

Do they make this in a all black model?

Email inthewebb@aol.com

Thanks, Michael

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
Re: wtb R9
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 02:00:22 PM »
Michael - what would be black (or dark gray) would be the frame not the slide - also the grips are black now.  Interesting in the no sights since most desire sights.  The sights are not large and it may be easier to find.  I have Seecamps without sights but would rather have them on the R9.   Some on the forum have the sighless model.  Hope someone can help you.  The company site has good pictures.

http://www.rohrbaughfirearms.com/
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline ARAKNID

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 12:30:06 AM »
Thanks for the info!
Was worried about sights catching in my pocket...not so bad?

Still looking around...

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 03:14:14 PM »
Araknid, The sighted version is better, so says my customers. I have sold a couple without sights by request.

The sights are small and will not bother you during the draw.
They will give you a little better sight picture when shooting at the range. This is why my customers like the sighted one better, R9S.

Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline bigyimmy

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 05:36:05 PM »
The sights are so small I doubt if they would catch on anything.  My model does not have any sights and I tend to prefer it that way.  I just point shot by looking at then end of the barrel and at my sight picture and do well with it.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2005, 08:58:11 PM »
Having come from a Seecamp background, I like the sightless model myself because at close work one just pulls out the pistol and shoots, so sights are not really required. However, having sights aids in shooting at the range and don't get in the way of a defensive shoot.
Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2005, 10:00:45 PM »
I aginonized which way to go, sighted, non-sighted R9.

I read a lot of posts here. Someone made sense when they said something like this.
The sights on the R9S are small enough to stay out of the way, yet large enough to use with accuracy.
 Seeing that I have to qualify with the gun I want to carry, I chose the R9S (sighted version). Yep, they help.
 I do have, and qualify with the Seecamps (no sights),so did I need them on the R9? Who knows.
The sights do not get in the way.

Offline sslater

• Master
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2005, 10:17:23 PM »
Araknid,
I've been carrying my R9S mostly in a RJ Hedley leather pocket holster, and sometimes in a DeSantis Nemisis (synthetic) unit.  No problems at all with the sights hanging up.  

Those sights may be small, but visibility* is very good because there is a adequate air gap around the front blade as viewed thru the rear notch.  (Karl Rogrbaugh is a long-time firearms trainer, bless his heart.)

*Even with my 50+ year old eyes.  Okay 50+13, but I still see pretty well. ;)

Finally, I put a dab of dayglo red model airplane paint on the ramp of the front blade to help quick acquisition / alignment.   Doesn't bother me for point shooting, but I can see 'em if I need 'em.

tacticalbob

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2005, 09:21:45 PM »
"Finally, I put a dab of dayglo red model airplane paint on the ramp of the front blade to help quick acquisition / alignment.   Doesn't bother me for point shooting, but I can see 'em if I need 'em."

thats a great idea!!

Bob