Author Topic: [Really LONG] First Range Report  (Read 11544 times)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: [Really LONG] First Range Report
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2010, 12:55:33 AM »
SandMan
  Thanks for the explanation, it sounds like a reasonable method
and if it works for you that's all that matters.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline SandMan

Re: [Really LONG] First Range Report
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2010, 09:13:07 AM »
Well, I am sure it is part 'cult' and mostly habit....  but 'back-in-tha'-day' when 1911s weren't what they are now, there was a huge number of combinations of feed ramp types, recoil spring weights, mag types/brands, mag springs, feed-lip styles/adjustment - plus all the ammo stuff - weight, shape, OAL, etc, etc... if one could find a set-up that would reasonably feed inter-mixed ball, JHP and different brands/bullet shapes, one had a higher level of comfort that such a set-up would tolerate the lesser variations within a chosen single ammo type.  I realize that a lot of this may not be very applicable to the 'pups' and auto pistols in general these days, but habits die hard ::) - and I certainly don't see any real downside... the fact that MY single gun doesn't seem to like one particular choice, while three other options work fine in it, is hardly a indictment of the gun or that ammo.  It's all good  :)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 09:13:40 AM by SandMan »