Author Topic: Concealed Carry Suggestions?  (Read 10574 times)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: Concealed Carry Suggestions?
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2018, 06:51:34 PM »
Perhaps the NRA legal team might have some history on this subject. Someone wisely suggested that in any concealed carry defense shooting situation with injury or death to the perpetrator that it would be a good idea to have specific insurance or $250k in your cookie jar for legal fees.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2018, 10:57:13 AM »

Not to disparage the NRA product, but I think the best investment you can have in self-defense "insurance" is joining the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.  It's not an insurance product, but a fund to defend members from the consequences of a lawful self-defense shooting.  The network is run by some of the best in the business and is a network of lawyers, firearms experts, testifying experts, etc.

I am a network attorney for the ACLDN, and have been for many years.

https://www.armedcitizensnetwork.org/

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline johnny

• Master
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2018, 01:08:35 PM »
   I love my 43,period.
     Never jams and I shoot a lot of cheap steel shot thru it.My Knighthawk has jammed more than once and my EdBrown actually jammed for the first time about a month ago.But my 19 and 43 never.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2018, 08:09:29 PM »
Karl has a Glock 43 and it does the job well.
I have shot it and feel the same way.
Is it fancy like an R9?. . . . No. . . . .
But hey, everybody needs a "Timex", don't they!?  lol

Carry on fellas.

Eric R
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline PursuitSS

• Expert
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2018, 09:38:05 PM »
I can’t bring myself to carry a Glock anymore.

WHY?

First of all, I never liked the idea of no safety, in fact I changed to a NY Trigger in my Glock. I can live with the lack of a safety on my Rohrbaugh’s because of the long, heavy trigger pull, similar to a Double Action revolver trigger pull.

Second, Glock is using several MIM parts now and frankly I simply don’t trust MIM.

Before I dumped my Glock for on duty use I switched to the Blackhawk Serpa Level III Holster because it’s almost impossible to be taken from you in a gun grab.

I switched to an FN FiveseveN 5.7x28 pistol for both on and off duty carry.

My Rohrbaugh 9RS Stealth is my backup to my FN FiveseveN and I trust it more than I can a Glock. Plus, the Rohrbaugh is smaller, and lighter which makes one heck of a difference when you are front pocket carrying.

Comparing a Glock to a Rohrbaugh is like comparing a Kia to a Bentley.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 09:42:22 PM by PursuitSS »
NRA Endowment Member
Moderator - “80%” Forum AR15.com

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2018, 07:18:18 AM »

Comparing a Glock to a Rohrbaugh is like comparing a Kia to a Bentley.

I love Rohrbaughs and I love Glocks, but you're right about Kia vs Bentley reliability.  Even with Audi's help, Bentley reliability is no where close to #1 Kia.  I don't think the consensus is that Glock is less reliable than Rohrbaugh.