Author Topic: Lets see where our members are -- Take a Look!  (Read 17967 times)

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
Re: Lets see where our members are -- Take a Look!
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2005, 09:53:58 AM »
tracker, there are 2 females in Texas with R9s, however, they are not in the forum. I have told them about it, we will see.
Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2005, 10:35:24 AM »
On the map issue -- there doesn't appear to be a way to edit.  (This is a beta version, so maybe that will change).  As the admin of this group, I can delete people and you can start over again.  Let me know by PM if you want to be deleted.

On the female members issue -- We will have a tough time with this.  Many things work against us.  Men are much more "into" guns.  Even women who carry guns arent as likely to be very interested in the "hobby" aspect.  Women are also under-represented on internet forums and discussion groups generally.   :-/
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2005, 11:46:58 PM »
women do a lot of girl talk but are not likely to wander
into " testosterone central "; can't say I would be a warm
fuzzy on the flip side either, though. I would certainly
welcome their comments.

Offline EdMan

• Expert
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2005, 03:00:59 AM »
I can't beleive more Ohioians (aka Buckeyes), who own Rohrbaugh pistols, are not showing up on the map. Our brothers to the north, in my previous home state of Michigan (Wolverines), are really putting us to shame.

Ed
« Last Edit: November 05, 2005, 03:01:23 AM by ed5380 »

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2005, 12:47:56 PM »
I can't beleive more Ohioians (aka Buckeyes), who own Rohrbaugh pistols, are not showing up on the map. Our brothers to the north, in my previous home state of Michigan (Wolverines), are really putting us to shame.

Ed

Ed,

I am sure that they will be checking in sometime!!

Went from a Wolverine to a Buckeye!! :o

I feel for you.. ;) ;D

Brenden
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline EdMan

• Expert
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2005, 08:12:13 PM »
Hi Brenden,
Thanks for the sympathy. Cincinnati is a pretty good city. It’s only about 5 years behind the rest of the nation instead of the 10 years behind it was when I first moved here in 1976. The violent crime rate is lower than inner city Detroit’s, where I was brought up and worked, but it is increasing rapidly. I’m glad that Ohio finally passed a concealed carry law that allows us honest citizens to legally protect ourselves and loved ones, even if it has some very stupid rules (like having to have your hand gun in plain sight while in a vehicle).

Buckeye: A large NUT from a Buckeye tree.

Wolverine: The wolverine is powerfully built and is well adapted to living in the cold. It has very strong jaws that can bite through frozen meat and bone. It is known for its physical strength and sharp, accurate hunting skills. A beast of great ferocity, cunning, and extraordinary strength.

What can I say? I’m still a Wolverine at heart. So I guess I’m a “nutty” wolverine. Or is that a  ferocious nut? ;)  :D

Ed

« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 08:16:06 PM by ed5380 »

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2005, 08:29:12 PM »
Ed,

I've always had fond memories of Cincinnati, having gone there for IBM Computer schools.

I remember those wonderful plates of 3-way chili, spaghetti, and onions.  Taxi rides up to Mount Adams.  Jim's Bar where you could throw peanut shells on the floor, just like the dude ranches in Bandera, TX.

And, of course, I always had to stop at the US Air Force museum in Dayton.  And eventually get over to Montgomery for some ribs.

Bill

Offline doubletapMike

• Expert
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2005, 10:31:56 PM »
Duane,
   This is a great idea. I'm in! By the way, Super car! Good luck and enjoy.

Mike
doubletapMike

Offline EdMan

• Expert
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2005, 10:32:08 PM »
Bill,
Please? It took me awhile to understand that’s what Cincinnatians say when they don’t hear you. It took me awhile but I got to like the 3, 4 and 5 way Cincinnati chili, and Goetta. I guess Cincinnati is my home now since I’ve lived here for almost 30 years, and I've raised my kids here. I’m glad you enjoyed your time here.

P.S. I took a lot of my AT&T/Lucent/AVAYA computer training in Colorado. I really loved it out there.

Ed
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 10:37:08 PM by ed5380 »

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2005, 10:43:05 PM »
Ed,

I went to Denver twice to computer schools or conferences, and really enjoyed the place.

I'm an old IBM assembly language programmer, and could never quite get used to 'C'.

Bill
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 10:44:33 PM by Michigunner »

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2005, 02:31:03 AM »
...peanut shells on the floor in Bandera, TX...(town one county over from my hometown in TX...)  Always been impressed by anyone who can convince someone to pay them for the privilege of working on a ranch -- they have cowboy "fat camps" now -- stretch barb wire, etc and pay quite a bit to do so...
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2005, 09:24:09 AM »
Brad,

Texas is one of my favorite places.  Someday, I hope to take my wife on a long tour around the state.  It would take a long time, but be worth every minute.

I was taking flying lessons at Hondo, TX and went to a couple of bars at Bandera.  I meant to say "bars" rather than "dude ranches".  

It was the first time I'd seen patrons encouraged to throw peanut shells on the floor.  Now in old age, it seems like a fire hazzard.

Bill
« Last Edit: November 07, 2005, 09:29:53 AM by Michigunner »

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2005, 09:50:11 AM »
If you really want to get away from everything go to Utopia, Texas. They have no mayor & etc or police. No city government at all.
Bill come on down and see Texas, come in the winter and get out of the snow. Bring a rifle and hunt an exotic!
Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2005, 10:24:45 AM »
Thank you, Tom.  Sounds like a great idea.

Offline EdMan

• Expert
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2005, 10:56:05 PM »
Bill,
I thought that with my time in the US Air Force, and with my wife working for American Airlines, that I had traveled a lot. But I think you have me beat. Have you ever been over seas? Bellle Isle in Detroit doesn't count.  ;) ;D

Ed