Author Topic: Teaser...  Heads up for the Collectors!  (Read 31609 times)

Offline FloridaCCW

• Master
Re: Teaser...  Heads up for the Collectors!
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2010, 08:40:01 PM »

This may now be more like a trot line with several hooks having already been set.   ;)

Agreed  ;D

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2010, 09:10:51 PM »

This may now be more like a trot line with several hooks having already been set.   ;)

How true, how true!    ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2010, 09:22:16 PM »
Wished I could take a week off!  Well, I take that back.  I'm glad I have work to do....  :)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2010, 12:06:35 AM »
Corey,
  Look on the bright side, about thirty more years and you can retire.  ;D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2010, 08:05:26 AM »
Wished I could take a week off!  Well, I take that back.  I'm glad I have work to do....  :)

Corey.  Somebody's got to do it!    ;D  Seriously, glad you have work to do....   :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Dino

• Master
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2010, 02:18:11 PM »
Man I'm lucky, I was on vacation for a few weeks and I might have missed this!  

Take you time Duane I blew all my extra cash while I was gone.

Richard I have been dealing with Jantz Knife Supply Company for some knife material and found out they sell Ivory.  Enough to do a good size knife handle is around $90.00.  

http://www.jantzsupply.com, check them out.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2010, 03:11:58 PM »
It doesn't appear they have any pieces large enough to do a grip panel for the pup, unless it's not listed.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2010, 03:46:18 PM »
Love those ivories!     ;)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2010, 03:52:04 PM »
Thank you for that link, Dino. I've bookmarked it for future reference and will undoubtedly be doing business with Jantz.

Thanks to Kevin ("K-Man"), as soon as Joyce and I come down out of the mountains and get back to home base next week I expect to be able to "seal the deal" for some old ivory panels large enough to produce some R9 grips. Then comes the wait until either John or Tom get their CNC programs up and running.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Dino

• Master
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2010, 05:08:30 PM »
That's not fair Richard, I have to shape my ivory by hand! Don't think I can do that for a pup.  

John, the people at Jantz have always been very helpful over the phone, call them if your interested in some larger stock.

Offline P7Enigma

• Master
  • VENI VIDI VICI
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2010, 03:34:12 PM »

Need a sitrep...I'm usually out of popcorn before the movie even starts...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 03:35:18 PM by P7Enigma »
DISCLAIMER The above post is not to be taken lightly nor seriously. Any readers "interpretation" of the post was purely intentional

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2010, 04:42:14 PM »
On a holding pattern until at least Monday.

Keep your checkbooks handy...  Unfortunately, there is only one of these so...  

I don't anticipate a first come, first served thing -- everyone will get notice of what is available.  Not sure how we will resolve who gets it if there is a lot of interest.  Maybe an auction... I am waiting for guidance.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline P7Enigma

• Master
  • VENI VIDI VICI
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2010, 06:48:21 PM »
First to arrive at your house...? ;D
DISCLAIMER The above post is not to be taken lightly nor seriously. Any readers "interpretation" of the post was purely intentional

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2010, 07:47:29 PM »
Considering the coin required for a presentation box and for two slabs of old ivory, if I'm going to keep my discretionary spending account in shape for whatever is about to appear in this thread, I think I'd better take another look at the offer of a certain appellate case I was about to decline.  :-/
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline P7Enigma

• Master
  • VENI VIDI VICI
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2010, 08:10:04 PM »
Considering the coin required for a presentation box and for two slabs of old ivory, if I'm going to keep my discretionary spending account in shape for whatever is about to appear in this thread, I think I'd better take another look at the offer of a certain appellate case I was about to decline.  :-/

And to add more chaos to the mix...WE CAN NOW MAKE BLUE CARBON FIBER GRIPS! :o