Author Topic: Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa ...  (Read 13202 times)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa ...
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2010, 09:26:09 PM »
Richard - I just thought you might have one handy :)

It looks great!

Do they feeeel as good as they look?

I have a feeeling! :D

Reinz:

I just arrived with my lady at Critter Creek, got this this jury-rigged internet connection up and running, and have logged into the Forum.

Yes, the Micartas feel as good as they look -- very "grippy," if you will pardon the pun. The best thing is that they are da**ed near indestructible. With the Nills, I am always aware of the possibility of banging them on doorways, car doors, or such. With the Micartas, I don't even think about it. My R9 is always protected in a pocket holster, but I wear the P7 either IWB or OWB, depending on circumstances and clothing. The two together make a great pair for CCW use.

If you order a pair of Micartas from Pete Foldyna, whatever the handgun, I think you will like them.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2010, 09:31:10 PM »
KJ:

From the immediate count, with 11 more posts you have the baton. Carry it well.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 09:39:55 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2010, 09:43:53 PM »
Richard.  The baton will always belong to you my Forum friend, regardless of the post count.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2010, 04:07:05 PM »

Reinz:

I just arrived with my lady at Critter Creek, got this this jury-rigged internet connection up and running, and have logged into the Forum.

Yes, the Micartas feel as good as they look -- very "grippy," if you will pardon the pun. The best thing is that they are da**ed near indestructible. With the Nills, I am always aware of the possibility of banging them on doorways, car doors, or such. With the Micartas, I don't even think about it. My R9 is always protected in a pocket holster, but I wear the P7 either IWB or OWB, depending on circumstances and clothing. The two together make a great pair for CCW use.

If you order a pair of Micartas from Pete Foldyna, whatever the handgun, I think you will like them.

Richard - thanks for the good feedback.

I'm sold!

p.s.  One other thing, do they add any girth?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 04:08:18 PM by Reinz »
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2010, 05:43:50 PM »
Now, let us know, Reinz, when you get yours!    ;)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2010, 05:54:54 PM »
Will do.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2010, 06:19:10 PM »
It'll certainly be appreciated.     ;)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2010, 06:54:08 PM »

Richard - thanks for the good feedback.

I'm sold!

p.s.  One other thing, do they add any girth?

Reinz:

The Micartas add a very small amount of girth over the original plastic grips but are about the same as the Nills. All in all, I don't notice the difference in any event. The P7 conceals easily, especially in the Del Fatti rig. Some people don't like IWB holsters, but the ISP-4 is about as comfortable as they get. For OWB, any rig that holds the pistol tight against the body with some protection against chafing will permit the P7 with the Micartas virtually to disappear under a jacket or vest.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2010, 07:09:36 PM »
Thanks - I was concerned about the girth - grip wise for shooting, not concealment.  
Wanted to keep it thin if possible, but that sounds good enough.

Thanks again

Offline P7Enigma

• Master
  • VENI VIDI VICI
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2010, 08:32:02 PM »
If you are interested...I have made thin grips for P7s. I can make them from any plastic you like. Just need to know which "gun" you have. (PSP flush, PSP protrude, M8, M13 or K3)

And for you puppy owners out there...we are finishing up the first set of "Cocobolo" grips...standby for pics. They are in polishing mode right now.
DISCLAIMER The above post is not to be taken lightly nor seriously. Any readers "interpretation" of the post was purely intentional

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2010, 09:04:00 PM »
If you are interested...I have made thin grips for P7s. I can make them from any plastic you like. Just need to know which "gun" you have. (PSP flush, PSP protrude, M8, M13 or K3)

And for you puppy owners out there...we are finishing up the first set of "Cocobolo" grips...standby for pics. They are in polishing mode right now.

Enigma:

You now have my undivided attention!  8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2010, 09:40:30 PM »
P7.  And from me as well.  Photos should be outstanding!

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2010, 09:55:17 PM »
P7- thanks for that info.  I am interested.

Offline P7Enigma

• Master
  • VENI VIDI VICI
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2010, 08:20:48 PM »

Enigma:

You now have my undivided attention!  8)

[size=18][glb]Here ya go Rich![/glb]        [/size]

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/YaBB.cgi?board=Accessories;action=display;num=1279408676;start=0#0
DISCLAIMER The above post is not to be taken lightly nor seriously. Any readers "interpretation" of the post was purely intentional

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2010, 11:58:06 PM »

[size=18][glb]Here ya go Rich![/glb]        [/size]

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/YaBB.cgi?board=Accessories;action=display;num=1279408676;start=0#0

Holy Saints, Enigma, have I got a project for you!
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"