Author Topic: Re: WTS: NIB Stinger Pen Pistol 22LR (RARE)  (Read 3481 times)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: WTS: NIB Stinger Pen Pistol 22LR (RARE)
« on: August 07, 2005, 11:00:59 PM »
TGF600,

Welcome to the forum.  Generally, I don't encourage people to make their first post a For Sale item.  I will let this stand for now because its a unique item, but I hope you are not here just to sell your wares.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 11:58:03 PM »
Well, this has gotten ugly pretty fast.  I responded to your e-mail, but not before you posted here.

I think that the membership here is well pleased with the volume and quality of post here, thank you.

The problem with your post, as I stated in my e-mail to you, is that it is almost universally considered poor ettiquite to join forum and make your first post a "for sale" item.  The classifieds are considered to be a perk for participating members, not free advertising for all comers.  Proper ettiquite would at least be to introduce yourself first.  

If addressing this in the public forum offends you, it was not intended.  It was meant to be a not so subtle hint for you to identify yourself and state your intentions here -- to figure out if you are a legitimate member or an opportunist.

I was not upset with your original post, although I am not thrilled with the attitude of this one.  Now I guess you fully understand my position.  I generally administer this board in the public eye and have had very good sucess so far.

I hope you will stay and become a productive member here -- but that is ultimately up to you.
Duane (DDGator)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 12:16:01 AM »
Yes, that was my e-mail.  

I am trying to be civil, but this doesn't seem to be getting any better.  Live with my rules and the way I run this board, or find somewhere else to advertise your items for sale.

Duane (DDGator)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 01:18:40 AM »
I am cool.  No problem at all.  Lets move on and talk about guns...  ;D

Duane (DDGator)

Offline TW

• Grand Master
WTS: NIB Stinger Pen Pistol 22LR (RARE)
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005, 04:04:34 PM »
>>Hi Tgf600, and welcome to the forum...!  I agree that $1k is a lot to spend on a CCW - especially when you consider the weapon would likely be held up in the courts for a while at best even if you were justified using it.  On the other hand...because this gun is so small and especially light - it is more likely you will carry the R9 more often than many other CCW guns...it's just that comfortable to carry.  And that may one day save your life, which is certainly worth more than $1000.  Food for thought = maybe not new, but filling all the same.

For what it's worth, I was so impressed with the R9 and the Rohrbaugh factory folks that I purchased two R9s...as have a number of other folks around here.  I couldn't really tell you why I did this, as I have not designated my #2 gun as a true Safe Queen.  Maybe it's the thought that one day I might need to send one gun in to be worked on (or fancied up with engraving, or whatever), and I wanted to have a backup...?  Can't remember what I told my wife other than that they are GREAT guns, and if one is good, two is better...?...!!

Whatever you decide to do, we would all be interested in getting to know you better including your thoughts/questions about the R9 yeah or neigh.  Or, at least I would.  BTW...sorry to hear you started off on the wrong foot with Gator, but those of us around here tend to agree with the points he made and we think a lot of him as a person, and for making this forum available to those of us who are fascinated with the R9.  So don't be shy and please tell us something about you and what lead you to even consider the R9 for CCW...TW<<

Offline tgf600

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2005, 06:55:08 PM »
ALL GUNS ARE SOLD PENDING FUNDS.