Miscellaneous > Classifieds -- For Buying or Selling

EARLIEST R9 for Sale

(1/3) > >>

Tom:
I am new to this forum so PLEASE excuse me if I say something inappropriate.

In April, 2004 the NRA Show was in Pittsburgh - where I live. I won an R9 at the show. At that time, I worked as a Regional Sales Manager in Northeast US and had a very good customer right in Farmingdale, Long Island so I was able to visit the Rohrbaugh facility there. I am sorry, but I cannot remember whether it was Eric or Karl I met and spoke with....but I think it was Eric.

Eric gave me a quick tour of the facility, which - I regret to say - I was not knowledgeable enough to be duly impressed with. I did not appreciate the precision and quality of the operation...I deeply regret that missed opportunity. I do remember the cardboard cut-out of Angelina Jolie (of Mr. & Mrs. Smith) & "her" R9.

Eric had a special serial number on this gun to designate its uniqueness (NRA - 04 - 1). I believe it was intended to show this was the first production gun manufactured for the 2004 NRA show. (PLEASE- see pictures). I think April 2004 was still a month BEFORE production was in full swing. Anyway, I am now looking to sell the gun....hopefully to someone who will benefit from it and value it more than I have. I have picked a number ($1500.00) for the gun + holster (OWB - right) & mag loader, but not including any shipping costs or FFL fees

ERIC ...if you read this, you are welcome to either confirm, correct OR expand on anything I have said.

I have a slight tremor n my left hand so the pictures may be blurred, but I can have better ones taken if you desire. If anyone is interested, you are welcome to message me or email me directly

MRC:
PM sent.

thewalk:
Thank you for posting this beautiful and unique specimen here. She's a BEAUT!!

PhilZ:
It makes me wonder just how many unique serial number guns are out there.

Brenden:
Very nice!!
I had never heard of this number either before now!!
I am wondering about the grips?
They appear to be black. I always 💤dreamed💤that all the true early pups carried blue grips!😎
It is still a beauty!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version