Author Topic: Top Rail Optics  (Read 2552 times)

Offline whkrog

• Sharpshooter
Top Rail Optics
« on: July 17, 2010, 12:35:31 AM »
Anyone out there in this most trusted of all universes (not kidding) with information or experience about red-dot holographic-display sights? eg. EoTech? (not the night-vision compatible ones). And not for the Rohrbaugh, naturally. ;)

Offline P7Enigma

• Master
  • VENI VIDI VICI
Re: Top Rail Optics
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 11:51:52 AM »
What do you want to know?

Having been involved with the development of the first EoTech Holosites...I know a "little" and have one of the first 50 made
DISCLAIMER The above post is not to be taken lightly nor seriously. Any readers "interpretation" of the post was purely intentional

Offline whkrog

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 02:18:43 PM »
Apologies; like in emails, I should have included a far more specific question (but I knew youse guys would be out there).
I thinking of arranging to have an EoTech or other system mounted on the top of my custom STI Trojan 1911 .45ACP. I am intrigued by the quick target acquisition and other capabilities, but on wondering about the downsides vs. other red-dot systems, and also about the accuracy.
Any hints or directions would be appreciated.

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 11:56:59 AM »
I knew an IPSC guy that switched from a red dot to a Bushnell Holosite wihen they first came out.
He let me try it out.  It was pretty fast.

I haven't seen him since.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 03:36:16 PM »
 I would Highly recommend the Trijicon RMR sight. w/ 7mm Dot. It is built tough (Aluminum Housing) and will not fail when treated rough.
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 09:04:33 PM »
And the nice thing about the RMR is it's one of the few Trijicons that doesn't cost more than the gun it's going on. ;D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 10:31:16 AM »
Anyone out there in this most trusted of all universes (not kidding) with information or experience about red-dot holographic-display sights? eg. EoTech? (not the night-vision compatible ones). And not for the Rohrbaugh, naturally. ;)

The L-3 EOTech Holographic Weapon sight.  True two eyes open heads up display.  Truely, amazing!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 10:33:01 AM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 11:33:02 AM »
I have become partial to the Aimpoint line..

I have not done the M4 yet,but right up to that and they all were/are tough,and reliable in my book..

You can also find them used for a decent and FAIR price..
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe