Author Topic: Geiger GRP  (Read 1885 times)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
Geiger GRP
« on: October 05, 2021, 03:02:30 PM »
Geiger GRP  (Geiger Roller Pistol)  9mm

I heard about these pistols here and kind of forgot about them.  A guy over at S&W that I exchange emails with bought one and told me to be sure and get one when available.  He told me who the Importer was and I proceded to get one coming.

They are a wonderfully built pistol and the action and trigger are second to none.  The machining and detail are the best.  The bluing is second rate in my opinion and I can't understand that.  The importer told me it has something to do with the "Chromium Hardening Process".   ::)   Now I do not know what that is and niether did she but that is what the German Distributor told her.

I was somewhat disappointed but I kept the pistol.  I have not shot it yet.  Here are some articles that will explain things better than I.

Getting one is tough.  He is trying to build and ship four per month and has not been getting that many made according to the Importer.

https://bh-waffenhandel.de/angebot/neuwaffen/grp-geiger-rollenverschluss-pistole

Look at the accuracy chart, outstanding with 10 different loads.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/03/31/german-geiger-grp-roller-delayed-blowback-pistol/
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 03:10:25 PM by MRC »

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
Re: Geiger GRP
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2021, 03:06:48 PM »
Outside of the case.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 09:18:52 AM »
Beautiful gun!!!
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2021, 10:17:07 AM »
Nice looking piece!
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2021, 07:03:15 PM »
That is a very nice, clean looking gun. 

The Germans do like their roller delayed blowback weapons.

Interested in a range report if you decide to shoot it.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2021, 12:50:13 PM »
Lately I have messing around with the race guns and this is the complete opposite.  I am not  a race-gunner anyway.

It is a big heavy gun and made to be shot one handed bullseye style which is the type of shooting I typically prefer so I plan on shooting it.  I would rather have had a 45 but they were not available.  If you read the writeups about Mr. Geiger you will see that that is the type of shooting he designed it to be.  The sights are "old school" target type.