Author Topic: Am I right in thinking ........  (Read 33154 times)

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
Re: Am I right in thinking ........
« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2005, 05:21:42 PM »
Tom
Yes people are surprised to know the poodle was bred to be a hunter.  Besides the webbed toes for swimming the standard has very thick nails.   I use a dremel tool to grind down Spencers.  Leave it to the French to screw up its reputation.  Heard of a lab/poodle mix - would like to see one.  I know Spencer is ready to make a labadoodle - just send him a female lab.  The problem with not shedding is it keeps on growing and has to be cut.  This averages with tip to be about $50 every five to six weeks.   I go to Gary the barber for $10 and that includes tip.
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2005, 06:57:34 PM »
If he's not a show dog, and you're willing to learn, it's actually not too hard to trim a dog -- just be sure to buy a good (professional level) clipper, and the proper length guards.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Calvin Cooledge

• Expert
"
« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2005, 12:16:31 PM »
Steve,
Spencer is very smart - sometimes it is scary.  Today he was watching the Steeler game with me - got up and went to the other room and came back with his toy football without ever being told that there was an association between what was on tv and the one of many toys.
Dave

Hi Dave and all!
Dave, the more I get to know you, the more I realize you are way more complicated than you look. Beneath that mild mannered exterior lives a true mountain man.
"I'm spreading my loyalty around..." - Calvin Cooledge

Offline Calvin Cooledge

• Expert
"Poodle Bites (C'mon Frenchy)..."
« Reply #93 on: October 26, 2005, 01:10:49 PM »
Steve,
Spencer is very smart - sometimes it is scary.  Today he was watching the Steeler game with me - got up and went to the other room and came back with his toy football without ever being told that there was an association between what was on tv and the one of many toys.
Dave

Hi Dave and all!
The more I get to know you via this forum, Dave, the more I realize that under that mild mannered exterior lives a true mountain man of the 21st Century. You need to get down here to the Blade Show more often. (Obscure joke only Dave and I know;^) And any dog that's a Steeler fan is number one in my book!

We just rescued our newest pup, Mojo, a 5 month old mix breed; part Springer Spanial and part Floozy (his mom slept around!) and he turned
out to have distemper and pneumonia. Bummer! Well, he survived and now he's all puppy, except with a lingering cough.  My other dog is not too accepting of a new, obnoxious puppy. The puppy wants to play, but Cody won't have any of it. I hope he eventually comes around to accept the young'n.

And now for some Obligatory Gun Content (OGC): Just got confIrmation of my order for a R9s pocket holster and mag pouches from Matt Del Fatti. They should be ready soon. I'll send  pix when I get them.

Gotta go. Will write again soon.

Hayword N. Edgewise

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #94 on: October 26, 2005, 07:39:23 PM »
Steve
Working with over 1500  teenagers and adults a day I always have to be a nice guy.  I would enjoy getting back down to the blade show in your home state of Georgia.  With building the new house the extra funds have not been available the last few years.  I've though of getting a another dog to keep Spencer company but I know this is not the time to bring it up to my wife.
Dave
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline EdMan

• Expert
« Reply #95 on: November 06, 2005, 11:02:26 PM »
Chris,
I can't remember if I replyed to this thread yet (I think memory is the second thing to go, I forget what the first is ???). anyway I am 57 years experienced. I've always told my kids, "I'm not old I'm just experienced." Maybe most of the members of this forum are "older" is because of the Rohrbaugh's cost. I sure couldn't afford to pay $1000 for a handgun when I was younger. Also when younger, and raising my family, I didn't have as much time to do things like posting on this great forum.

Ed
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 11:03:07 PM by ed5380 »

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2005, 09:26:28 PM »
Ed -

[size=13](I think memory is the second thing to go, I forget what the first is  ??? )[/size]

Haha - with ya there!! ;D

Yes, I guess it is on balance more a ''senior's'' gun due to cost, and so that's why many of us are ''up there''!

I no longer try the ''I am not old" - I'll just admit ''I am old - BUT I am experienced!!"  :P (and I ache too!)
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #97 on: November 07, 2005, 10:10:17 PM »
Chris, I gotta tell  you that this thread has to get the award for the "thread that will not die"!  8)
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #98 on: November 07, 2005, 10:15:25 PM »
It took a little thinking, but I just got it, Duane.

Must be getting older.

Bill

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #99 on: November 07, 2005, 10:28:15 PM »
Shucks Duane - July 11 2004 I kicked it off - holy moly yes I think this one does go into the record books. ;)

I guess tho it is that sorta thread where as new folks come along they see it and add their own 2c.

So maybe it ain't done yet even! ;D ;D

I do know tho - I am 1.25 years older since its inception - that I am not so keen on !!
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline lexasgs400

« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2005, 07:47:17 PM »
I'll be 60 in June of 2036 for now I'm 29

Offline Calvin Cooledge

• Expert
All's well that ends swell...
« Reply #101 on: November 11, 2005, 07:32:46 PM »
I'll be 60 in June of 2036 for now I'm 29

Welcome to the list!

I think the Brothers 'R' must be  pumping out some inventory lately as Me Thinks (Olde English for "Me Thinks") our list is swelling.

And it's no wonder!

Stevie Wonder

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #102 on: April 21, 2008, 08:33:12 PM »
32 here.

Offline dawkind

• Sharpshooter
  • NRA Benefactor and don't EVER give up!
« Reply #103 on: April 21, 2008, 11:08:45 PM »
Ahhhh....to be but 32 again.  ;)
"I think for myself.....therefore I vote Conservative.....God Bless Ronald Reagan!"

Offline thewayofthegun1

« Reply #104 on: July 14, 2008, 01:45:27 PM »
Hello everyone

My age: 35

My post count: one ;D

My pocket pistol: S&W sigma 380

That's got to change... and Soon! A new Rohrbaugh keeps popping up in my crystal ball...

If you've ever been hungry... you will never be full