Author Topic: For Sale Rohrbaugh R95 Special Serial R5000  (Read 8544 times)

Offline wd50

For Sale Rohrbaugh R95 Special Serial R5000
« on: November 20, 2011, 10:43:57 PM »
For sale Rohrbaugh R95 won at Right to Carry Confrence last year.package suggested value $2500
Never CARRIED FIRED ONLY @ 30 ROUNDS. COMES WITH CASE 2 SETS CUSTOM ENGRAVED NRA Grips. 2 clips springs gun lock custom made tie tac and manuals.local only will make sale at Suffolk Pistol Permit Bureau. $1500 firm wd50@optonline.net Send an e-mail will send pic's

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: For Sale Rohrbaugh R95 Special Serial R5000
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 11:08:44 AM »
Pictures of the R5000 from DDG's post.

Here are the pics!

The laser etching of the NRA logo on the slide didn't work, so it got moved to the grips.

R-5000 will come with two (2) sets of custom Hogue G10 grips: one smooth and the other checkered, with the NRA block letter logo on one side and the circle logo with the American Eagle on the other side. Neil Hogue donated the grip sets. (Thanks Neil!)

If you ask me -- this is a nice looking pistol!

With the checkers grips installed:

And with the smooth grips installed:

I hope this one is coming home to me!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 06:58:03 AM »
 Besides grips, what else is unique to the R9?  Is the top end Robar? Any internal work? or are the Differances all cosmetic?

Chief
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"

Offline tennman

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 07:58:36 AM »
Besides grips, what else is unique to the R9?  Is the top end Robar? Any internal work? or are the Differances all cosmetic?

Chief

Thats what I was wondering also Chief.

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 01:08:02 PM »
an even serial # 5000?

I dont know if this would be desirable to anyone? :)

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 07:07:43 AM »
I apologize ahead of time for this but there seems to be a pattern forming and if I see something I perceive as a a problem I cannot just let it go. We have a member who is trying to sell a unique R9, although not in any functional way yet unique, and other very informed forum members asking questions they obviously already know the answers to and then others jumping on the band wagon. This does nothing but further supress prices that have already been savaged by the economy and disuading someone from purchasing a unique firearm that is interesting to him or her. Why are we doing this? We do have the ability to send a question directly to the seller if we truly do not know something about a particular weapon. Are we being inconsiderate or rude inadvertantly? Once again sorry for my little rant but gotta do what you gotta do.

Offline tennman

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 08:05:42 AM »
I have not been a member very long but it was my understanding that this forum encouraged the free exchange of information.
 This thread has managed to stay on topic through all the posts with no malicious postings.
 I think all the questions posed thus far are fair and reasonable.
I fail to see a need to discourage further discussion in this thread.
If someone is indeed interested in this item I would assume these would be some of the questions they would be asking. I know that to be a fact in my case.

I apologize in advance if I am somehow out of line. As I stated, I am a fairly new member here and might not have a full grasp of our proper forum etiquette. If that is the case I stand corrected.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 09:27:08 AM »
The answers were largely in my original post, as quoted by kjtrains.  I certainly think it would be impolite, at least, to be critical of someone's for sale posting, but I don't think that was the intent here.  I also note that I would normally frown upon someone's first post being a "for sale" listing, but I certainly understand in this case, given the unique nature of the item and its significance to Rohrbaugh enthusiasts.

This particular R9 is distinguished by its serial number (5000) and the two sets of custom NRA grips.  The value, of course, is subjective -- this is a one-of-a-kind collector's item that was donated by Rohrbaugh for the NRA drawing.  Seems pretty cool to me if you are a Rohrbaugh collector.  In my humble opinion, $1,500 is a reasonable price for such a piece of history.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2011, 10:19:02 AM »
Tennman, I am sorry you took offense. My post was not aimed at you at all so I apologize for the misunderstanding. Duane I totally agree with you. I was just making an observation, on comments on R5000, I too think it is a fair price for that collector who would like to buy it. I have seen the same issue arise when several of the limited run Rohrbaughs have come up for sale, whether it be the Elite, the Robar, the Farmies, Covert, Special Forces etc. It has been what makes this better? What is engineered to a higher standard? Some of these are collectors items to some and some are not to others. That is all I have to say on the subject except comments on a price posted should be  kept private or to oneself. Sorry once again.

Offline tennman

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2011, 10:30:36 AM »
Ph,

No, I was not offended by your post at all.  I just wanted to be sure I nor others had violated any forum rules.

I too think a fair price is what a buyer is willing to give and the seller is willing to accept.

I just completed a great deal on the 380 from amsterdam and couldn't be happier with the transaction.

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2011, 11:16:02 AM »
Thanks for that tennman, in my experience this Forum has always been a place where we can freely express our thoughts and opinions as long as we respect each other and those ideals we all hold sacred. Yes you are right, any item is worth what a buyer is willing to pay. I am pretty sure most of the members here are informed enough to understand the value of the Stealth and the basic two tone. What others are willing to pay for what they may consider a collector, or a limited run pistol, or just a nice pistol for whatever reason is between the seller and buyer and for some to keep questioning that value in "public" is just wrong, in my opinion of course.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2011, 11:55:48 AM »
I've been watching tis post and it seems the questions were not intended to be malicious just inquisitive in nature. I think the asking price for what is being offered is very good, an everyday two tone in this condition would go for $900 to $1000, add two sets of one of a kind grips and the Silver tie tac and it's a very reasonable asking price for the ONE of a kind package.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline wildmanwill

• Master
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2015, 09:11:50 AM »
For sale Rohrbaugh R95 won at Right to Carry Confrence last year.package suggested value $2500
Never CARRIED FIRED ONLY @ 30 ROUNDS. COMES WITH CASE 2 SETS CUSTOM ENGRAVED NRA Grips. 2 clips springs gun lock custom made tie tac and manuals.local only will make sale at Suffolk Pistol Permit Bureau. $1500 firm  Send an e-mail will send pic's

And it looks like R5000 has made its way from being a local only sale to now being listed on Gunbroker...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=463938017

A little more history about the firearm here
http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/index.php?topic=2623.0

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2015, 09:40:55 PM »
Looks like there is a little interest on GB but still hasnt met reserve. I love collecting Rohrbaughs and this is a one off but for some reason havent had any interest in going after this one.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=466375991

Would be interested to hear others thoughts.

Ryan
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2015, 11:00:14 PM »

I just have no interest in commemoratives any kind--guns, knives, or whatever.