Author Topic: Wtb boberg...  (Read 12132 times)

Offline mannylinda

• Expert
Re: Wtb boberg...
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2016, 07:20:35 AM »
Thank God, we are not ALL in a bad place at the same time.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2016, 09:18:05 AM »
Eric

Thanks for the post on Rohrbaugh Customer service.  I now have a better understanding of the situation.

My first R9 was a complete disaster and I spent several months and about $250 of very expensive ammo trying to resolve the problem.  First it was Christmas and no one to talk to.  Then it was SHOT Show and no one to talk to.  Then it was trying to figure out what I was doing wrong as Rohrbaugh does not have problems.  This was during the 2009 ammo shortage so I had to go on line and pay scalper's prices to get a variety of premium ammunition to try.  Nothing would work in the gun.

My next step was to enlist the aid of two friends to help.  None of us could get any of the ammo to run in the R9, yet all of it worked in my PM9 and both of my friends PF9's.  I was the talk of the gun club as the dumb SOB with the $1200 gun that wouldn't work.

I finally got so mad that I blew up at Maria and ask to speak to you and she resolved it. 

I now know if I had been able to speak with you, this would have been a lot different story,

Offline tattoo

• Master
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2016, 03:38:38 PM »
Bought one today.. :D

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2016, 11:04:21 PM »
Congrats Tatoo. Post how she fires please. And pics too man.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2016, 01:14:17 PM »
Bought one today.. :D

Cool, did you get it at the Premiere Gun Show in Pasadena this weekend? 

If not, where did you find one.  I will be down that way next week and would like to take a look at one.

+1 on pictures.

Offline MICHPATRIOT

• Expert
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2016, 03:05:52 PM »
Yep,
Pics of PUP..and targets or it dint happen :)

Offline cooperr1234

• Expert
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2016, 03:17:40 PM »
Eric,

Your a good man and thanks for your honesty !! it certainly felt like my opinion counts ! and for the other comments about my words, sorry you feel that way but those are again MY feelings and experiences.

Offline tattoo

• Master
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2016, 04:09:28 PM »
Don't plan on shooting it...bought just because I think they are undervalued. My edc is the r9.  Shoot very little carry everyday...

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2016, 06:40:26 PM »
I had a serious problem with one of my 3 R9s which was promptly corrected at the factory to my great satisfaction.  Kudos and all credit to the Rohrbaughs.

The R9 is still my EDC.  I have a Boberg XR9 and XR9L and they are both quality weapons and fun to shoot.  I cannot imagine why someone would not like one, but each to his own.  The shorty carries very well in a DeSantis Superfly front pocket holster, but is larger than the R9, and a little less suited to my clothing in Florida.  My recommendation is to follow my lead and own and carry a Seecamp, an R9, and an XR9 variably depending on season, clothing and expectations.  Keep the contact .45 for when you are feeling fey....just gotta practice with each to be sure the various techniques are grooved before you switch from one to another.  Keep the big guns around for range fun and home protection.  Simple, huh?
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline tattoo

• Master
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2016, 06:49:21 PM »
I had a serious problem with one of my 3 R9s which was promptly corrected at the factory to my great satisfaction.  Kudos and all credit to the Rohrbaughs.

The R9 is still my EDC.  I have a Boberg XR9 and XR9L and they are both quality weapons and fun to shoot.  I cannot imagine why someone would not like one, but each to his own.  The shorty carries very well in a DeSantis Superfly front pocket holster, but is larger than the R9, and a little less suited to my clothing in Florida.  My recommendation is to follow my lead and own and carry a Seecamp, an R9, and an XR9 variably depending on season, clothing and expectations.  Keep the contact .45 for when you are feeling fey....just gotta practice with each to be sure the various techniques are grooved before you switch from one to another.  Keep the big guns around for range fun and home protection.  Simple, huh?
Great advice own all three...

Offline tattoo

• Master
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2016, 08:14:19 AM »
Anyone have extra parts for boberg xr9s they would sell? Extra mags,springs, or etc? Ty Mickey

Offline tattoo

• Master
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2016, 07:12:48 PM »
Ok bought one....anyone have any of the factory green or red grips they would sell?  Maybe extra mag?

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2016, 08:22:02 PM »
It takes a big man to post a statement like that which is far more gracious than a mea culpa. Indirectly, I was aware of the policy because I could only talk to Maria and sometimes through her with Eric or Karl. In any case all issues I had with my R9 were resolved to my full expectations and more. Honesty is always the best policy but it isn't necessarily consistent with effective salesmanship techniques. Thank you, Eric, for all you did for me.

You are quite welcome tracker. ecr
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 08:27:03 PM by ECR »
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2016, 08:23:37 PM »
  Eric,
  I am not going to make any comments one way or the other regarding this past issue these last few days,except,I give you a world of credit for saying what you did in your comment.
     And as I have said before,that's another reason why Duane is the administrator here.He seems to have a way of addressing both sides,without anyone losing face.
                                                                                                                          johnny

Thank You John. . . . . ecr
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2016, 08:25:06 PM »
Eric,

Your a good man and thanks for your honesty !! it certainly felt like my opinion counts ! and for the other comments about my words, sorry you feel that way but those are again MY feelings and experiences.

I understand Mr. Cooper. . . . . It's all good here. . . . . ecr