Author Topic: Thought This To Be Interesting  (Read 4741 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Thought This To Be Interesting
« on: September 10, 2009, 11:48:07 AM »
Click on any year and a juke box pops up with 20 hits of that year!  Nothing to do with guns, however.

http://www.upchucky.com/
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
thanRe: Thought This To Be Interesting
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 08:31:54 PM »
Thanks, what a way to bring back memories.

Reinz
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Thought This To Be Interesting
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 08:37:42 PM »
I thought the same thing; memories of high school and college days.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 10:57:57 PM »
Respectfully disagree that this has nothing to do with guns; there was "Guns 'N Roses" in 1985.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 12:31:44 PM »
Respectfully disagree with your comment as well.  "Gun 'N Roses" is an American Rock Band formed in 1985 and led by Axl Rose which still exists to the present.   ;D

The above doesn't have anything to do with guns.  I really like guns, though.   ;D    ;D

Offline Fat Boy

• Expert
  • R9s Stealth
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 12:58:19 PM »
The whole point of an off topic or "Water Cooler" thread in every forum I have ever been on is to do just that....discuss things that have absolutely nothing to do the the forums subject matter.  If the "Water Cooler" thread is not the place for this than maybe one should be created.  The purpose of an OFF TOPIC thread is so we can get to know more about each other that just guns. which helps build a community.  Secondly this is done so that posters refrain from doing off topic information in actual valuable threads and messing them up.  Much of this forum is NOT run properly.  It's best to stay on topic when there is a topic and off topic when allowed.

BTW, thanks for the link.  I saved it as a favorite and though it was cool and interesting.
Good Luck,
Fat Boy
EDC: HTC Touch Pro, Rohrbaugh R9, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible, CRT, Leather Tri-fold, SS Peanut Lighter, Bobster

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2009, 01:13:32 PM »
Thanks!  I really did too.  Thought others might enjoy the nostalgia.

Offline IOM

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2009, 04:19:39 PM »
kjtrains,

I say go back to posting the funny pics that you used to post.  I enjoy them, as do others.  

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2009, 04:48:35 PM »
Thanks.  I just might do that!  I'll just have to keep it at a minimum.  Got alot of flack for posting so many.

Offline MrsFosforos

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2009, 08:30:44 PM »
This is just a suggestion, but it might help if you post the pics you find funny or interesting in one continous thread instead of starting a new topic each time - sort of like this guy does on "What's new at Sarge's Grips" on defensivecarry.com.

Here on the Rohrbaugh Forum, I usually click the button for the 10 most recent threads and when several out of the 10 are posted as separate off topic threads, I can miss some of the other posts that have been added through the day.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 08:32:31 PM by MrsFosforos »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2009, 08:50:10 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion.  Another forum member had suggested the same thing.  I thought I would do just one a day, and if I find more I'll just modify the one for that day, and add it to that day.  Didn't realize, at the time,  the posts were causing such a problem.  It seems like for a few folks, you just can't please.  We'll, however, keep trying.   :)    :)

Offline Fat Boy

• Expert
  • R9s Stealth
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2009, 09:24:30 PM »
One thread for pictures is best IMO too, it gets to be too much which gets annoying
Good Luck,
Fat Boy
EDC: HTC Touch Pro, Rohrbaugh R9, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible, CRT, Leather Tri-fold, SS Peanut Lighter, Bobster

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2009, 09:35:51 PM »
With all due respect, as another member has put it; you don't have to look!   ;D    ;D     ;D  I will keep it at one thread per day and we'll see how that goes.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 10:35:15 PM by kjtrains »

Offline Fat Boy

• Expert
  • R9s Stealth
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2009, 06:46:08 AM »
Then we'll have to leave it up to the moderator(s) to keep the threads clean or not for the sake of the rest.  I am very curious, what value is it to you to start a thread a day?  It honestly doesn't make sense to me and truly the only thing I can think of is that you feel more important or have more value by the number of threads you create or that you feel your threads will get more noticed that way.  If I am off could you share the WHY it is so important to you.  I am not trying to be snide, I am just truly at a loss.  Most boards I've been on the moderators would've had you in line very quickly.  Two boards I just got off of, Candle Power Forums and PPCGEEKS have this exact type situation, all on the same thread, and to the enjoyment of all concerned.  It is actually easier for those who wish to find all the fun or interesting pictures in one place and don't have to do searches when they attempt to find one from months ago.  Anyway enough of my rant....good luck.
Good Luck,
Fat Boy

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2009, 09:57:12 AM »
kjtrains,

I say go back to posting the funny pics that you used to post.  I enjoy them, as do others.  

Fat Boy!  This is why I decided to post the humor again.  Some folks like to laugh.  Sorry you are at a loss.  I really don't have to post one a day.  Thought that would be mimimal.   The WHY is because someone asked me to post the funny pics that I used to post.  Pure and simple.  I can even do the one thread and see how that works.