Author Topic: Shoulder Holster  (Read 6543 times)

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
Re: Shoulder Holster
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2010, 01:04:48 AM »
I picked up a null for suit wear - my tailor said it was easier to conceal a gun there, than in the pockets - his suggestion is to carry things in your jacket, and not use pant pockets in suits.  

Hopefully, Alessi has things going better - they made a holster for me, but missed their delivery date by quite a bit.  

(The longer I've been in manufacturing, the lower the tolerance I have for the "fuzzy" delivery dates in the gun industry. )
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline OhioR9ConcealCarry

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2010, 12:54:06 PM »
You might be interested in Concealment vests which are beutifully made by www.coronadoleather.com I haven't tried my pup in my new Bison Leather vest, but the holster is a universal elastic strap w/velcro - I currently am using my vest to carry and conceal my Glock 36 45acp w/nite sights and laseraim. I'm sure the pup would disapear in their vest. You might want to check them out.
Good luck and welcome to the forum (I just registered too).
John

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2010, 07:54:24 PM »
There is a lot more vest wearing weather in Ohio than down here in NC. If I was still living in NY (south of Buffalo) I could probably wear a vest 8 months out of the year, down here two or three months would be it.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline OhioR9ConcealCarry

Re: Shoulder Holster - Vest
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2010, 11:45:05 PM »
Well John I see you do have a point - here in central Ohio despite the record setting hot days we've had this year, when the temp goes down in the evening, it can be comforting when dressed in T shirt & jeans, to slip the vest on to walk the dog, trip to the carryout etc.

The vest could be considered as another holstering option! IWB on Monday, OWB Tuesday, Vest on Wednesday etc. IMHO  :D

Offline jdment

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2010, 09:43:33 AM »
Instead of a shoulder holster, I wear a T-shirt holster.

http://www.securityprousa.com/cotshho.html

It fits under most dress shirts and is pretty invisible. I wear it often when I go out in a suit or tux. I can carry two extra magazines on the opposite side.  Not very fast to get to the gun, unless you put hidden snaps under the buttons on a few shirts.

And you have to hold your arm close to your side when your wife's best friend gives you a hug. I hate having to explain what that lump of metal is under my arm. Or why I'm carrying a gun at a black tie fund raising event! (The answer being- if I'm not at the hospital or at church-I'm almost always carrying!)

Jim

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2010, 02:13:34 PM »
Another option, for sure!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2010, 07:36:14 PM »
Instead of a shoulder holster, I wear a T-shirt holster.

http://www.securityprousa.com/cotshho.html

It fits under most dress shirts and is pretty invisible. I wear it often when I go out in a suit or tux. I can carry two extra magazines on the opposite side.  Not very fast to get to the gun, unless you put hidden snaps under the buttons on a few shirts.

And you have to hold your arm close to your side when your wife's best friend gives you a hug. I hate having to explain what that lump of metal is under my arm. Or why I'm carrying a gun at a black tie fund raising event! (The answer being- if I'm not at the hospital or at church-I'm almost always carrying!)

Jim

There is always the Smart Carry, I don't think even one of your wife's friends will know your carrying, and if they do I don't think they will mention it.  ;D

http://www.smartcarry.com/index.html

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2010, 09:04:04 PM »
 ;D    ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln