Author Topic: Cross Breed Holsters  (Read 6973 times)

Offline OFFROADER

Cross Breed Holsters
« on: March 18, 2011, 01:00:32 PM »
 After seeing a post from choppers, asking about tuckable IWB holsters I knew I needed to write this. Cross Breed Holsters makes very high quality tuckable holsters. I first purchased a Super Tuck for my Kimber Ultra CDP II. The holster looks wide, but this is what makes it so comfortable and so stable. You can adjust the ride depth and the cant of your pistol. I then purchased the Microclip  holster for my Rohrbaugh and am very satisfied.  They are a small Christian owned business, and it takes about three weeks to receive your order (my experience). They offer a two week trial, and a LIFETIME WARRANTY! They offer a Mini Tuck and a Microclip that fit the "pups".  I highly recommend their products.

Dave

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: Cross Breed Holsters
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 09:32:54 PM »
I have never owned one of there products but have only read positive things about the holsters.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 11:08:50 PM »
Same here - which speaks volumes for a company in the "gun community".
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline hdfb910

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 02:34:34 PM »
I have a few Crossbreed holsters.  I have not used the tuckable feature.  I have one on order for my R9 to try out the tucking.  When I am cheating on my R9, I usually have a LB Stinger or a Glock 36 in a Crossbreed on my hip.  One nice thing is that the holster for the 1911, fits all my 1911 lengths, the Crossbreed for the Glock fits my G36, G19 or G23.  I recommend them highly, they are very comfortable, and easy on and off.  Another great option for the rotation.

Pete
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 02:35:23 PM by hdfb910 »

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 03:45:52 PM »
Good luck.

Your R9 will be much lighter to carry than your Glock! :D

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 04:11:32 PM »
Seems like an excellent holster.  I'm impressed.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline MOLSON

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 10:42:49 PM »
When I purchase a new pisol, I buy a new Cross Breed. I now will have 4.
1) Walther PPS - Supertuck
2) Ruger LCP - Minituck
3) M&P 9 / 45c - Supertuck
4) New Rohrbaugh R9S - Minituck

I have carried large and small pistols comfortably with a Cross Breed Holster. I see no reason to try another brand.

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2011, 06:08:13 AM »
I've heard that the Crossbreed customers were satisfied customers, but Molson is a SUPER Satisfied customer. :D

Offline Dire_Straits

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2011, 10:38:58 PM »
I'd have to agree with Molson. I have a SuperTuck Deluxe for my G19. It is by far the most comfortable holster I have ever worn.
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, said the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. Revelation 1:8

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2011, 09:46:23 PM »
Being a holster junkie, with a whole complete dresser bureau full of nothing but holsters;  it amazing that I do not have a Crossbreed yet.
But to be honest, I guess the reason that I have not made the leap yet is because it just looks so darn big and combersome.  I appears that before I leave the house that I have to take my pants down to put it on.  Wrong or right?

I'm like most of us, when I leave the house, I am in a hurry.  Throwing a pup in each pocket is so easy, and strapping on the 1911 as well is not an issue.
But I don't want to pull my pants down out in the garage where my "daily" safe is.  
Heck the door is open half the time.  ;D

Offline Robar233

• Master
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2011, 04:11:15 PM »
Two of my coworkers swear by the Crossbreed holsters. I want to order one for my R9. Is there any reason to go with the super tuck over the mini tuck for the R9?

Offline K-Man

• Master
  • aka Someone Else
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2011, 08:35:07 PM »
Robar233:  The SuperTuck is for the larger sized guns.

Some things to consider when purchasing a hybrid style of holster are:

1.  First do some research.  There are a number of discussions regarding these holsters.

2.  Red flags:
- Kydex splitting/cracking (both clips and body of holster).
- Leather stinking after it gets wet.  (No amount of Febreze is going to get rid of that smell.  ;D) That smell is a giveaway that the leather is poor quality.
- Overall size of holster.  Some models hybrids are half again as large as the vast majority of similar IWB holsters.
- Metal clips tearing up your belt and upholstery of your seats.
- Exposed end of gun wearing a hole in your pants.
- Inability to acquire the grip of the gun on initial grab due to leather extending past/beyond the grip.

There are hybrid holsters available that do not exhibit some or all of the red flags mentioned above.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 08:36:50 PM by K-Man »
www.kdholsters.com

U.S. Navy (Retired)

May we always have the freedom to pursue our dreams.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2011, 09:53:41 PM »
Kevin,
    Good info, I have always thought they were too large and look awkward to use.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Robar233

• Master
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2011, 07:43:11 PM »
Kevin, Thanks for the advice. I think I will hold off on one for the R9 and just get one for the PM40. I was thinking of paying extra for horsehide. I will ask the coworkers what they have and about the smell. I will pass on the sniff test!

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2011, 08:23:07 PM »
Robar233:  The SuperTuck is for the larger sized guns.

Some things to consider when purchasing a hybrid style of holster are:

1.  First do some research.  There are a number of discussions regarding these holsters.

2.  Red flags:
- Kydex splitting/cracking (both clips and body of holster).
- Leather stinking after it gets wet.  (No amount of Febreze is going to get rid of that smell.  ;D) That smell is a giveaway that the leather is poor quality.
- Overall size of holster.  Some models hybrids are half again as large as the vast majority of similar IWB holsters.
- Metal clips tearing up your belt and upholstery of your seats.
- Exposed end of gun wearing a hole in your pants.
- Inability to acquire the grip of the gun on initial grab due to leather extending past/beyond the grip.

There are hybrid holsters available that do not exhibit some or all of the red flags mentioned above.

Spot on, Kevin! That post deserves to be archived.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"